[SOLVED] AKASA VEGAS RGB Fan spinning but LED stopped working

Tomma88

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2015
Hey.

The LED on my PC-case fan has stopped working and I cant get it back on.

It lights up during boot, but after a few sec of being in Windows the light turn off. The fan spins just fine though, so that not an issue.

I have been using the software "Armoury Crate" from ASUS to control the lighting effects, but this software is no longer able to detect the fan for some reason.

I believe the issue started after the last Windows update, but im not sure if that could be the reason it stopped working? I have updated the computer countless times without issue before this. I run Win11 if that matters.

I only have 1 RGB fan and its a model called: Akasa Vegas TLX RGB LED

Listing my PC-case and motherboard model aswell below, if that is of any importance in solving the issue.
  • ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS
  • Corsair 4000D Airflow Midi Tower
Any help is greatly appriciated

Solution
What BIOS version are you on for your motherboard? As for your Armory Crate, try uninstalling it and reinstalling with the latest found off of Asus's support site(for your motherboard) in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

Looking up the fan, it's an ARGB fan. Is it hooked up to the ADD_GEN 2 header at the bottom of your motherboard? If so, power down, the system, disconnect the cable from the header. Power up the system. Power down again and then reconnect to the header mentioned a line above.

Lutfij

Titan
What BIOS version are you on for your motherboard? As for your Armory Crate, try uninstalling it and reinstalling with the latest found off of Asus's support site(for your motherboard) in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

Looking up the fan, it's an ARGB fan. Is it hooked up to the ADD_GEN 2 header at the bottom of your motherboard? If so, power down, the system, disconnect the cable from the header. Power up the system. Power down again and then reconnect to the header mentioned a line above.

Solution

Tomma88

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2015

Thanks for the great reply, turns out all I had to do was reinstall the Armoury Crate software by using the uninstall tool first, also found on the ASUS support site.
In retrospect, I should have just tried a reinstall before posting here o_O

Thanks again. Problem solved :)