Is there an ALARM that works all of the time my computer is on?

Thank you,

Barry Karas

No. Windows XP has no native alarm program.

Break Reminder 3.2
http://www.download.com/3000-2129-10123336.html?tag=lst-0-3

024h Lucky Reminder. Reminder software for home and office
http://www.024h.com/products.html

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"Barry Karas" wrote:

| Is there an ALARM that works all of the time my computer is on?
|
| Thank you,
|
| Barry Karas

How to ask a newsgroup question:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
"Barry Karas" <bkaras@adelphia.net> wrote in message
| Is there an ALARM that works all of the time my computer is on?
|
| Thank you,
|
| Barry Karas

Seeing as I am not in your house looking or even listening to your system
how the hell would I know???
On the other hand errors when the system boots gives a series of beeps
also some systems have build in temperature alarms that go off when the
system CPU gets too hot..............
if all else fails you could dig out the manual and read it............
peterk

"Barry Karas" <bkaras@adelphia.net> wrote in message
> Is there an ALARM that works all of the time my computer is on?
>
> Thank you,
>
> Barry Karas

Rock

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2002

Barry Karas wrote:

> Is there an ALARM that works all of the time my computer is on?
>
> Thank you,
>
> Barry Karas

Are you saying it's giving and alarm and you want to know what it is, or
you want some type of program to sound an alarm?

--
Rock
MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

What about the message didn't you understand?

Thank you,

Barry Karas

On Sat, 20 Aug 2005 19:05:43 -0500, "Tom Pepper Willett"
<tompepper@mvps.invalid> wrote:

>How to ask a newsgroup question:
>http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
>"Barry Karas" <bkaras@adelphia.net> wrote in message
>| Is there an ALARM that works all of the time my computer is on?
>|
>| Thank you,
>|
>| Barry Karas

On Sat, 20 Aug 2005 19:05:43 -0500, "Tom Pepper Willett"
<tompepper@mvps.invalid> wrote:

>How to ask a newsgroup question:
>http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
>"Barry Karas" <bkaras@adelphia.net> wrote in message
>| Is there an ALARM that works all of the time my computer is on?
>|
>| Thank you,
>|
>| Barry Karas

One of the first things I learned was to RTFM.

Barry Karas

On Sat, 20 Aug 2005 23:22:33 -0600, "peterk" <peterk@nomalarky.net>
wrote:

>Seeing as I am not in your house looking or even listening to your system
>how the hell would I know???
>On the other hand errors when the system boots gives a series of beeps
>also some systems have build in temperature alarms that go off when the
>system CPU gets too hot..............
>if all else fails you could dig out the manual and read it............
>peterk

I want to set a time to do something. E.g., if I want to defrag my
hard disk at 4pm, I'll set the alarm to awaken me at 3:55.

Barry Karas wrote:

> I want to set a time to do something. E.g., if I want to defrag my
> hard disk at 4pm, I'll set the alarm to awaken me at 3:55.
>
> On Sat, 20 Aug 2005 23:40:05 -0700, Rock <rock@mail.nospam.net> wrote:
>

>>Barry Karas wrote:
>>

>>>Is there an ALARM that works all of the time my computer is on?
>>>
>>>Thank you,
>>>
>>>Barry Karas
>>
>>Are you saying it's giving and alarm and you want to know what it is, or
>>you want some type of program to sound an alarm?

Ok, that's clearer. I don't use alarms on the computer but googling for
it should give you options. I use a little utility as a replacement for
the XP clock, called tclocklight. That has an alarm function with it.

Another option is to use the XP scheduled tasks feature to run things
when you want it.

--
Rock
MS MVP Windows - Shell/User