[SOLVED] Alienware AMW2720HF Monitor Can't Get Signal Via HDMI

HoundOfBashemir

Reputable
Dec 3, 2016
Got a new AMW2720HF monitor, tried to set it up via HDMI but no signal. Neither HDMI 1 nor HDMI 2 work. My machine doesn't have a port for DP, so that's out. With my old monitor, I used DVI, which worked fine and testing the new screen with another computer, it worked fine as well, so the problem doesn't seem to be the monitor. And now poking through the device manager and all that jazz, I can't find HDMI anywhere, which seems odd as the motherboard definitely has an actual, physical HDMI port all good to go. I'm probably just an idiot and missing something but any help would be welcome.

Solution
You said you connected the HDMI to the motherbd but with a Graphics card installed your motherboard ports may not be active. You can check Device Manager and see if you have either a Microsoft or Intel adapter listed in addition to the Nvidia.

Can you connect it to the GTX?

popatim

Titan
You said you connected the HDMI to the motherbd but with a Graphics card installed your motherboard ports may not be active. You can check Device Manager and see if you have either a Microsoft or Intel adapter listed in addition to the Nvidia.

Solution

HoundOfBashemir

Reputable
Dec 3, 2016

Yeah, turns out I completely forgot that I should be hooking it up to the graphics card. Took a bit of fidgeting but now it works fine. Thanks.

TRENDING THREADS