Asus rog strix b550 mobo
Ryzen 5800x3d cpu
32 gigs 3600 mushkin ram
Vantus 2 4070ti super
arctic freezer 2 360
Nzxt h7 flow case
Lian li fans
Alienware aw2723df (main display)
Asus tuf 1440 p 144 hrtz 27" (secondary)
2 mushkin nvme drives (one is for os is which is 5400 speed, games is 2tb 7400 speed)
Psu is thermaltake gf3 850 gold.

So for starters i have dual monitors an Alienware aw2723df 240 hrtz and an Asus tuf 27" 1440p 144 hrts

I'm going through the settings in the Alienware and I see smart hdr which comes set to desktop, if I select it to off my icons and everything go over to my asus monitor which is vertical, and my aio lights in my pc case flicker a few times before going back to their correct color, if I change it back to desktop the icons go back to the Alienware the lights flicker again and then stay solid after a few flickers.

Im petrified the monitor is causing issues in the pc, I've never had a monitor make my lights change, I've had games do it as I had a setting set in armory crate that I had to disable (aura sync or something like that, some games have it in settings also).

The Alienware monitor is set to 240 hrtz
The asus is set to 144 I dont know if that matters for the question as I've never had an issue with monitors causing this, I've had 2 monitors running at 144hrtz for 2 years.

anyone know if turning on hdr in the Alienware monitor messing with aio lights is normal? If not what's going on ?

And my second question is does anyone have the best color settings and preset for the Alienware for games? (If the monitors not trying to kill my pc) I looked up videos but they don't really mess with anything.

Is the Monitor trying to blow up my computer? I checked all the temps and things were normal no changes.
View: https://imgur.com/gallery/JqqbWwZ