All Apple Products Forbidden in Bill Gates' Family

Status
Not open for further replies.

ira176

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2006
I think I heard or read something about this in the Gates' family before. I guess until the kid can afford what he really wants he might be stuck with the Zune. I do think that it is a bit rigid to keep all competing products out of the house though.

theshonen8899

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2009
[citation][nom]calmstateofmind[/nom]"We don't expect there to be any Windows PCproducts inside Steve Jobs' home, so this isn't all that surprising."Then why is this news?[/citation]

Agreed. What was the point of this article?

makwy2

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2009
Surprising. Not.

Also, why is the NYT interviewing Melinda Gates about Apple products? They ought to be focusing on all the work the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation does to help solve common problems plaguing humanity, like Malaria and Diabetes. Instead of focusing on the inane we ought to be talking about the extraordinary!

micr0be

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2009
as much as i love bashing apple, i agree that the article has no purpose other than to create a fanboy war.

kind of disappointing.

bachok83

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2006
Using competitor's products is very risky. You might like some features and before you know it, you would put similar feature in your products (consciously or subconsciously).

In summary, lawsuit.

liveonc

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2008
An Apple a day keeps the Windows away. Sad, but half true. It's not even about pride, it's a matter of survival. Jobs does it too, he just doesn't admit that selling an iPhone that loses it's signal & has many design flaws meant he didn't use it himself.

G

Just because they are rich enough to waste money on Itunes or Mac's does not mean they will. Buying a kid a Zune is teaching them to get the technically superior and cost effective option over popularity and image.

Khimera2000

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
Jobs has a PC in his house... it has a mac logo on the side, and linux installed, uses all kinds of PC hardware, with a really locked up librariy that makes everything look special, I think they call it OSX or something like that.

ta152h

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2009
Gates is still Gates in his house. Forget what people want, just monopolize and force people to use junk they wouldn't otherwise want to. A leopard can't change his spots.

Considering how often Microsoft finds itself trying to copy Apple, you'd think the higher ups would have loads of Apple stuff. Maybe that's why they're not too successful at it most of the time.

They just better hope Jobs doesn't introduce a trendy game machine (kind of makes you wonder why he hasn't, yet). Microsoft will have to leave that market too, although their RRoD certainly is very happening and hip.

cloudberry

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2009
[citation][nom]TA152H[/nom]Gates is still Gates in his house. Forget what people want, just monopolize and force people to use junk they wouldn't otherwise want to. A leopard can't change his spots. Considering how often Microsoft finds itself trying to copy Apple, you'd think the higher ups would have loads of Apple stuff. Maybe that's why they're not too successful at it most of the time. They just better hope Jobs doesn't introduce a trendy game machine (kind of makes you wonder why he hasn't, yet). Microsoft will have to leave that market too, although their RRoD certainly is very happening and hip.[/citation]

This is an interview with the missus, if you didn't bother to read. Either that or you're just inferring more than you should be doing out of this article.

firebee1991

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2010
I love how everybody complains when Tom's posts anything positive about Apple, then they complain when Tom's bashes Apple. They're just catering to what you guys are making clear that you want, so go easy on them.

Vladislaus

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2010
[citation][nom]TA152H[/nom]Gates is still Gates in his house. Forget what people want, just monopolize and force people to use junk they wouldn't otherwise want to. A leopard can't change his spots. Considering how often Microsoft finds itself trying to copy Apple, you'd think the higher ups would have loads of Apple stuff. Maybe that's why they're not too successful at it most of the time. They just better hope Jobs doesn't introduce a trendy game machine (kind of makes you wonder why he hasn't, yet). Microsoft will have to leave that market too, although their RRoD certainly is very happening and hip.[/citation]
Does Steve Jobs family uses another brand besides apple when it comes to computers, smartphones,...? Does his family have a Dell laptop or an Motorola Droid or a Creative Zune?

You keep saying that Microsoft copies everybody, but you forget that Apple does exactly the same. The big difference is in the marketing. When apple copies they call it magic and everyone seems to believe it.

Vladislaus

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2010
[citation][nom]blackmancer[/nom]just one more way Microsoft stifles choice and freedom. Melinda, u suck!@![/citation]
Do you believe that any other high profile person tied to a corporation and it's family act differently? What is the message they convey to consumers if they're caught using a product from a competitor?

sudeshc

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2009
i have read that before as i remember, it way too old to be a news and waste of time to an article.

Off-course Bill and Jobs have there differences and competitors but i think that should remain in market only. i wonder before the release of Zune Bill's kids must have been suffering to have good ipod.
Some day when there Kids sit togather and talk about gadgets and softwares what it would be like :D

Status
Not open for further replies.