Status
Not open for further replies.

ManoAamer

Distinguished
BANNED
Jan 6, 2013
Hey all,

I got all of my passwords in google chrome hacked.
So I changed them and removed all of them from chrome.
Thing is people still try to access my accounts. I even closed my laptop and updated my passwords from my iPhone and I didn't save them and somehow they still have access to my new passwords.
I think it was because of these pop up ads all over the internet.
This happened after trying to access a website that has tons of pop up ads.

I am using Ubuntu 22.04

How do they know my passwords?
And how can I secure my accounts?

Thank you!

Solution
D
Use 2 FA

anyway, sounds like a keylogger. I would format my machine and reinstall clean, and I would use two factor authentication for everything from now on.. Also do a complete reset on your phone to factory standard.

if you changed all of your password, using your phone then your phone is infected, most likely hence the reason you need to do a factory reset

ManoAamer

Distinguished
BANNED
Jan 6, 2013
Hey all,

I got all of my passwords in google chrome hacked.
So I changed them and removed all of them from chrome.
Thing is people still try to access my accounts. I even closed my laptop and updated my passwords from my iPhone and I didn't save them and somehow they still have access to my new passwords.
I think it was because of these pop up ads all over the internet.
This happened after trying to access a website that has tons of pop up ads.

I am using Ubuntu 22.04

Thank you!

unless you have all passwords managed by the same application or saved to a certain file then it's impossible to acquire all of them.
if they are all saved by Google and your Google account is hacked then whatever malware that is running and/or whoever personally hacked into your account has access to everything available there.

popup ads by themselves can not harm you, but if they are clicked on sometimes it will lead to malware infestation if you are browsing shady sites.

usually this type of intrusion happens from using pirated software(games, apps, etc), downloading from untrustworthy hosts, or by an actual individual personally hacking into your accounts.

your security wouldn't be a problem if you didn't give access by browsing shady sites, using shady downloaded material, or have proper anti-malware protection and ad-blocker software.
if the same issue keeps arising then you are still doing something to allow it.

ManoAamer

Distinguished
BANNED
Jan 6, 2013
Hey, Thanks for your reply.

Now my passwords are not saved anywhere.
And the new passwords are not saved anywhere.
That's what I can't understand. How can they get access to my new passwords!

Any idea?

ManoAamer

Distinguished
BANNED
Jan 6, 2013
and what exactly makes you so sure all of your accounts/passwords have actually been hacked?

even if you're getting emails or txts stating that there has been attempts to access those could very well just be adware/spam messages trying to get you to click on something.
When I updated my passwords they were not on the same network no.
I know that they are hacked because the emails are from the official domain of the companies.
And there was already someone signed in my Spotify after the 3rd time I changed the password.
And I've noticed that different people open my account from different countries. Like he sold the account or something.
All the following was accessed even after changing my password:
AWS, Steam, Ubisoft, Rockstar, Spotify, Facebook.

I know that they are hacked because the emails are from the official domain of the companies...
I've noticed that different people open my account from different countries...
All the following was accessed even after changing my password:
AWS, Steam, Ubisoft, Rockstar, Spotify, Facebook.
even if you were correct about this, which really just sounds like some major case of extreme paranoia;
then it would only be possible from some software running on your device,
logging all data you enter,
and transmitting it to some 3rd party.

why would someone want to hack your Facebook page?
are you really that interesting that they want access to all of your friends lists, etc?

why would someone want access to your game distributor accounts?
are your games actually being shared to other 3rd parties or being gifted away?

and why would multiple parties from multiple different countries care what you were doing anyway?
do you think it's some black market info pirates stealing your identity?
unless you notice credit cards being opened, Amazon purchases being made, etc then this is also very unlikely.

ManoAamer

Distinguished
BANNED
Jan 6, 2013
even if you were correct about this, which really just sounds like some major case of extreme paranoia;
then it would only be possible from some software running on your device,
logging all data you enter,
and transmitting it to some 3rd party.

why would someone want to hack your Facebook page?
are you really that interesting that they want access to all of your friends lists, etc?

why would someone want access to your game distributor accounts?
are your games actually being shared to other 3rd parties or being gifted away?

and why would multiple parties from multiple different countries care what you were doing anyway?
do you think it's some black market info pirates stealing your identity?
unless you notice credit cards being opened, Amazon purchases being made, etc then this is also very unlikely.

No I totally get you.
I am neither an interesting nor a known person. I don't even have followers :D
It is not a paranoia though I am just sick of changing passwords and people trying to open my accounts.
Yeah I think who ever hacked me is selling the accounts.
I am using multi-factor authentication so they can't access most of the accounts.
But for something like Spotify it's pretty annoying. The first one to access it deleted some of playlists I don't know why.
I just downloaded ClamAV and scanning my OS I hope it finds the problem.

Thank you for giving me much of your time my friend.

I think who ever hacked me is selling the accounts
if you can still access them then this can't be true because the information would already be transferred over to the new user and you would be locked out.
first one to access it deleted some of playlists I don't know why.
have any recently ended relationships that could result in someone trying to just pester you through this kind of hassle?
any family members that may live with you that could be using your accounts without your knowledge?

without already knowing your email address(es), passwords and/or security questions the majority of accounts would not be accessible.

ManoAamer

Distinguished
BANNED
Jan 6, 2013
if you can still access them then this can't be true because the information would already be transferred over to the new user and you would be locked out.

have any recently ended relationships that could result in someone trying to just pester you through this kind of hassle?
any family members that may live with you that could be using your accounts without your knowledge?

without already knowing your email address(es), passwords and/or security questions the majority of accounts would not be accessible.

No nothing of that kind. No one has access to my devices. I live alone.

D

Deleted member 14196

Use 2 FA

anyway, sounds like a keylogger. I would format my machine and reinstall clean, and I would use two factor authentication for everything from now on.. Also do a complete reset on your phone to factory standard.

if you changed all of your password, using your phone then your phone is infected, most likely hence the reason you need to do a factory reset

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution

ManoAamer

Distinguished
BANNED
Jan 6, 2013
Use 2 FA

Okay. Thank you very much for the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.