Question All settings were reset to default values fix?

dhillan96

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2015
Hello all, I have changed my SSD to a Samsung M.2 SSD but it is picking up on the boot manager.
Additional my computer keeps double booting as shown in the image attached. With 'All setting where reset to default values.

I had this issue before the M.2 SSD was brought.

Any help would be appreciated.

Solution
but it is picking up on the boot manager.
Did you mean not picking up in Boot Manager?

Your screenshot seems to show your CMOS battery might be drained. Go onto BIOS and see if your time needs to be keyed in every time you boot up the system.

Make and model of your motherboard? Make and model of your PSU and it's age?

Lutfij

Titan

Your screenshot seems to show your CMOS battery might be drained. Go onto BIOS and see if your time needs to be keyed in every time you boot up the system.

Solution

dhillan96

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2015

I meant to say it's not showing up in the boot manager.

The BIOS has reset the time shown in the image. It's back to Sun 01/01/2017 time shows as 01:01:28.

I have a MSI MPG Z390 gaming pro motherboard, the PSU I have is a Corsair CX750 brought in 2015.

to fix your bios time/resets, you do need to replace that round battery located on your mainboard

your another issue is most likely caused by your bios resseting, nvme drive needs CSM disabled, if its enabled, nvme driver is not able to load - ie you will see no drive/no boot from said drive