Question Amazon shipped GPU without BubbleWrap etc. Is this GPU DoA? (see pictures)

Jun 3, 2023
Hey so I ordered a 3060 Ti with Express Shipping and Amazon, for the first time ever sent a product in the worst possible way imaginable. Sold as New by Amazon itself, not third party shop.

They put the (asus) GPU box into a brown paper-carton like bag. I intially thought I got scammed because how thin it was.
IMG-20230607-154524-551.jpg

IMG-20230607-154624-412-1.jpg
The packaging has minimal indents/bending in only one corner.

I mean it looks flawless but holy cow, is this card not worth opening? I mean is the card inside the GPU vendor box protected to the point where it can survive shipping?

Safe or not safe opening judging by the shipping? I don't know if this is normal so I ask you humans. TiA.

I mean it looks flawless but holy cow, is this card not worth opening? I mean is the card inside the GPU vendor box protected to the point where it can survive shipping?

Safe or not safe opening judging by the shipping? I don't know if this is normal so I ask you humans. TiA.
Packaging looks normal. That's how they are shipped (not the brown paper bag).
Box should be in a plastic wrap though. You remove plastic wrap and only then box can be opened.
It may have been opened for testing.

Anyway - no reason to return it yet. Test it first.

D

Deleted member 2947362

Well after going in my local shop which now takes parcel deliveries and waiting in the que to be served, there was a young lad (parcel delivery driver) just throwing the stuff in a big trolly he used to take the parcels back to his van

The shop worker then handed him a big box and said careful this one is quiet heavy.

The young lad (driver) then just allowed the box to drop to the floor under it's own weight then just carried on throwing the the smaller parcels in his trolly without a care in the world lol

Nah... I won't buy stuff online after seeing that lol

I would love to see that young lad moving house and the removal people just throwing his stuff in the a big box and then throwing it in their removal van.

Mick :
"Careful Bob this ones bloody heavy!"
Bob :
"Throw it over there Mick I'll drag to the van"

Wonder if he would be happy with the service?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: PEnns
Jun 3, 2023
Well after going in my local shop which now takes parcel deliveries and waiting in the que to be served, there was a young lad (parcel delivery driver) just throwing the stuff in a big trolly he used to take the parcels back to his van

The shop worker then handed him a big box and said careful this one is quiet heavy.

The young lad (driver) then just allowed the box to drop to the floor under it's own weight then just carried on throwing the the smaller parcels in his trolly without a care in the world lol

Nah... I won't buy stuff online after seeing that lol

I would love to see that young lad moving house and the removal people just throwing his stuff in the a big box and then throwing it in their removal van.

Mick :
"Careful Bob this ones bloody heavy!"
Bob :
"Throw it over there Mick I'll drag to the van"

Wonder if he would be happy with the service?
Not as bad as people throwing your airport luggage like they are playing the superbowl and the luggage chasis is made out of titanium haha.

Reactions: CountMike
D

Deleted member 2838871

Packaging look normal to me... all part of Amazon's save the earth tree hugging agenda.

If the card works... roll with it. If it doesn't... return it as defective. Amazon has a good return policy.

Reactions: IamNotChatGpt
Jun 3, 2023
Packaging look normal to me... all part of Amazon's save the earth tree hugging agenda.

If the card works... roll with it. If it doesn't... return it as defective. Amazon has a good return policy.
Yeah I contacted them and they agreed to compensate me a couple of bucks for false advertising and clear the listing properly:

(Sold as stylename: TUF-RTX3060TI 8GD6X, pattern-name: DUAL <--- Yeah very bizzare, someone really messed up at ASUS/Amazon), came as DUAL).

Pictures were of DUAL as well, though the Mini Model also had wrong pictures/it's all broken. It was kind of a test to be frank.
If it's TUF, great, if not partially false advertising.

It's like selling a "Style-name: Macbook Pro, Pattern-name: Air" and receiving an Air model.

Like yeah, the pictures and pattern name clearly indicated Air but you sure as heck ain't getting away with advertising it ⅓ as the Pro model.

Macbook was used for a lack of a better example, you can replace it with anything else.

threebills11

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2014
Hey so I ordered a 3060 Ti with Express Shipping and Amazon, for the first time ever sent a product in the worst possible way imaginable. Sold as New by Amazon itself, not third party shop.

They put the (asus) GPU box into a brown paper-carton like bag. I intially thought I got scammed because how thin it was.

unless you think there's anthrax inside,open it,whats the worst that can happen??If it aint what it says amazon guarentee makes sure you get what you paid for...im paranoid but that exceeds my paranoia

Jun 3, 2023
turns out the card peeps and clicks LIKE CRAZY and ramps up fans to 100% very quickly.
IMG-20230608-030827.jpg

(bottom is 2060, that's how you engineer a solid heatsink). Does the 3060 Ti even have a heatsink?

It may not have died from shipping but something is certainly not correct with this card. I've never heard a card "clicking" under load. Sounds electric :)

Thanks everyone, sorry for taking your time.

Last edited:

threebills11

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2014

threebills11

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2014
turns out the card peeps and clicks LIKE CRAZY and ramps up fans to 100% very quickly.
IMG-20230608-030827.jpg

(bottom is 2060, that's how you engineer a solid heatsink). Does the 3060 Ti even have a heatsink?

It may not have died from shipping but something is certainly not correct with this card. I've never heard a card "clicking" under load. Sounds electric :)

Thanks everyone, sorry for taking your time.
Just send it back,Amazon has an excellent return policy.You should be ok.

Reactions: IamNotChatGpt
Jun 3, 2023
Just send it back,Amazon has an excellent return policy.You should be ok.
Sent it back, thank you.
Plopped my old 2060 in and this card should be the golden standard of how to manufacture a GPU.

20 degrees lower temp under load, 80W less usage for roughly the same task and most importantly basically practically silent fans as well as almost no coil whining.

This taught me a good lesson and that is I will never buy a graphics card without at least 58mm height (heatsink) and from a company I trust more. Even if the shipment was "safe", I know a shop that sends everything in those air bags. That's trustworthy and enthusiasm.