Amd fx 8350 reach 71c with cooler master t4 quad in games

pain_86

Reputable
Jun 7, 2016
Hello i am worried , cause my cpu reaches hot degrees under load... I read some threads and i know that safe temp is 62 c... it is summer here and temperatures are hot , anyway my room is not that warm, shouldn't be that high with aftermarket cooler...I have 2 front intake and 1 exhaust back fan. Any advice ...?

pain_86

Reputable
Jun 7, 2016

They both won't fit in my case (cooler limit 155mm ) plus don't have this budget right now....Probably will look for some more powerfull, but not so expensive... Thanks for responding :)

xXCrossfireXx

Reputable
Jan 16, 2016

Your best bet then is to save up for a high end water cooler, something above an H100i

Use AMD Overdrive and check the more accurate thermal margins at full load; if they are 10°C or higher, then you have nothing to worry about.

JBD123

Reputable
Sep 1, 2014
That cooler should be more than adequate if you aren't overclocking. What case are you using? What are the ambient temps in the room? What thermal paste are you using, and have you tried reapplying it?

pain_86

Reputable
Jun 7, 2016

My case is Thermaltake versa h23 , i have 2 front intake fans and one exhaust in the back , there a big vent in the top where the warm air gets out ,but no option for more fans. My room temp its getting warmer since the heat begun , can't tell you exactly right now , but when i got my pc first the room temp was no more than 20 and after playing near a hour cpu reached 70 c , on idle is great temp -13-18c ...My configuration is brand new , haven't applied paste again they put it togheter in the store from when i buy the parts.

JBD123

Reputable
Sep 1, 2014

I think the most likely cause would be a bad thermal paste application, or perhaps they forgot to remove the plastic from the heatsink. They definitely didn't overclock it at all? What is the voltage?

uguv

Distinguished

There's no way your computer is idling at 13-18c unless your room is bitter cold. As GhislainG said, use AMD Overdrive to check your thermal margins.

We won't know if the OP's CPU is cool enough or not until he tells us what the thermal margins at idle (not that important) and at full load (very important) are.

pain_86

Reputable
Jun 7, 2016
Ok thanks everyone , i will check the margins and will tell you the results :) Have to wait for a friend for little help , or see some tutorial , cuz i am not familiar with Amd overdrive .I bet is that easy , but i never done that.

pain_86

Reputable
Jun 7, 2016

So... i have tested the cpu with Amd overdrive in idle and with the games which cause it to 70c :
Room temp - 25c (kinda warm)
Idle thermal margines - 54-57c
On game (30 minutes playing) - 11.2 -12.4c (it dropped to 9c only once ...keeps almost constant 11c while i watched it for around 4-5 minutes)
Cpu usage -20 %

pain_86

Reputable
Jun 7, 2016

Yes the program is very useful and accurate definetely :) I will check with Prime 95 to be more sure everything is ok ...But isn't that 65 c in load at 20 cpu % usage kinda high ? I don't know what will happen if i am on load with something more cpu demanding and for more hours in play...

Where do you see 65°C at 20% load in AMD Overdrive? AOD provides thermal margins; the higher they are, the cooler the CPU is; at close to 0°C the CPU throttles (its frequency drops to 1.4 GHz).

pain_86

Reputable
Jun 7, 2016
I didn't test it yet , waiting for a friend which uses it , i am afraid i may do something wrong since i haven't operate with it.Will post results as soon as i can.

pain_86

Reputable
Jun 7, 2016

Hi again. I've just ran prime95 test and the results are not good ...It shows -1c -2.c within minutes and i quit the test ...

Solution

pain_86

Reputable
Jun 7, 2016

Thank you very much for the help ! Have one more question ... is it possible the cpu is overheating because i don't have top fans in the case to exhaust the hot air , just want to be sure , cause i have added the maximum of fans the case supports...?

pain_86

Reputable
Jun 7, 2016

Ok thanks, i am afraid cryorig is not available in my country , gonna search for some other more powerfull cooler than CM T4 .

TRENDING THREADS