[SOLVED] AMD gpu fan sensor not working (?)

Dec 11, 2020
ok please help me know if this is bad or not.
I have a brand new AMD RX 550 4gb i just bought 2 week ago, and i never notice it til now but whenever i open any monitoring software (Afterburner,GPU-Z, HWinfo, etc) everything shows fine except that the gpu fan rpm speed is always zero.

This still shows as zero rpm even when playing games or benchmarking (Temp shows about 85 C at max and fan speed is showing 99% but still shows zero rpm). I see the gpu fan is spinning fine and i think even the radeon software adrenaline fan speed tuning is working (i think?) since i set it at 100% fan speed whenever it reach 65C and it actually cools down the gpu temp to 60C.
Idk if the rpm sensor is just non existent in this card or this is an amd driver problem (i searched around and i only find rx6000 users saying about 0rpm feature but i think rx550 doesnt have that feature)

I only tried Reinstalling driver using ddu before hand to uninstall and installing the driver before the latest (not the latest).
i tested 20.12.1 (latest) and 20.11.2 (recommended old) but both still shows 0 rpm. i havent tried system restore yet
GPU still works fine and i can still game with tolerable temp, just sometime i wanted more fps n want to overclock but afraid of this 0 rpm thing interfering fan curve settings
so is this bad? should i RMA it or this is just amd driver problem?

Heres My Spec
Motherboard ; ECS H61H2-MV
CPU ; Intel Core i5 2400
GPU ; AMD Radeon Powercolor Red Dragon RX 550 4GB
RAM ; 8GB
Windows 10 Pro Version 1909 (OS Build 18363)

ill include some pictures if that helps
View: https://imgur.com/a/55WMoLJ

Any Help Is Appreaciated

Solution
A faulty sensor is the most probable cause of this. The fans are connected to the PCB with a small cable, check to see if its loose. If not, and if the card is new and under warranty, you can always ask for a replacement

Teknoman2

Reputable
Oct 13, 2020
A faulty sensor is the most probable cause of this. The fans are connected to the PCB with a small cable, check to see if its loose. If not, and if the card is new and under warranty, you can always ask for a replacement

Solution