AMD Plunges, Apple Soars

kukito

Distinguished
May 17, 2006
This is just a snapshot and things can change in a matter of hours, but why?

AAPL AMD

This is not flamebait. I'm genuinely curious. INTC is down too, but not as dramatically as AMD. I can't think of any particular reason for Apple to be soaring other than the good earnings. I've heard about the iPhone and the xMac and even the nVPod, but those are just rumors.

qcmadness

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2006
This is just a snapshot and things can change in a matter of hours, but why?

AAPL AMD

This is not flamebait. I'm genuinely curious. INTC is down too, but not as dramatically as AMD. I can't think of any particular reason for Apple to be soaring other than the good earnings. I've heard about the iPhone and the xMac and even the nVPod, but those are just rumors.

The investors said that AMD's gross margin (51.4% Q3, 56.8% Q2) was too low.
But Intel's gross margin is too low (49.1% Q3, 52.1% Q2) also. :roll:

kukito

Distinguished
May 17, 2006
hmm think this could have anything to do with it?

Apple's Q4 earnings
Yeah, absolutely. Here's a Business Week article from yesterday that explains the market's optimism about Apple. They might be right. Despite the flesh burning MBPs and the mooing MBs, I still expect my next laptop to be a Mac. When buying anything from Apple it's always best to wait for rev B. Even the most zealous Mac fanboys will acknowledge this. :)

alexislli

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2007
Apple doesn¡¯t want to confuse its customers. that is what the ipod is all about simplicity. so why would they let at&t f it all up?

http://www.pspconverter.com/iphone_converter/

siennalli

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2007
Can PLEASE someone clarify this for me: Will people be able to buy it as a standalone/unlocked device from Apple itself (with no ATT contract of whatsoever) ? Thx

http://www.iphone-converter.org/convert-iphone/

f61

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2007
I note with aplomb, that AMD has sunk to 13 and AAPL has gone 80-100-80-125 since. Wait 'till LEOPARD. 8) for the stockholders.

f61