[SOLVED] Amd radeon graphics increase VRAM

pavlaras74ever

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2015
Hello to everyone, i need to ask you because i got confused by googling it. I got an Acer Aspire 5 a515-44-R93G and i just upgraded the ram from 4gb(which was on board) into 20 (with a 16gb, on the one slot it got).
The laptop's VRAM remains in 512mb i tried a few "stupid" things i saw on youtube-google (which was for intel integrated graphics) and they didn't work at all. I read somewhere that the amd uses more vram only if it needs it.
So i tested it on a game , maximized the graphics and then i checked on the Task Manager i think , or maybe amd's software "Adrenaline" and i saw it's still the same 512mb of VRAM.
Is there any way to increase the VRAM or there is no way at all?

Solution
Your video memory (VRAM) is limited to 512MB. If whatever you're doing requires more than that, your system memory is allocated to whatever is needed/available.

-Wolf sends
Hello to everyone, i need to ask you because i got confused by googling it. I got an Acer Aspire 5 a515-44-R93G and i just upgraded the ram from 4gb(which was on board) into 20 (with a 16gb, on the one slot it got).
The laptop's VRAM remains in 512mb i tried a few "stupid" things i saw on youtube-google (which was for intel integrated graphics) and they didn't work at all. I read somewhere that the amd uses more vram only if it needs it.
So i tested it on a game , maximized the graphics and then i checked on the Task Manager i think , or maybe amd's software "Adrenaline" and i saw it's still the same 512mb of VRAM.
Is there any way to increase the VRAM or there is no way at all?
https://smallbusiness.chron.com/resetting-bios-cache-nvidia-31531.html
Go down the page a little for the vram setting.
There may be no such setting in your bios.

TRENDING THREADS