SenpaiFx

Reputable
Jul 19, 2020
Hello, I recently upgraded from a AMD Ryzen 5 3600 to an AMD Ryzen 7 5800x. After the installation, my computer had its moments where it was working fine, but recently, it’s been turning off while idling at 60-70 degrees celsius with no apps running at all.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800x
Motherboard: Asus ROG X570-E Gaming ATX AM4 Motherboard
Ram: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB (4 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory
SSD/HDD: Inland Professional 1TB M.2-2280 PCIe 3.0 X2 NVME Solid State Drive
Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 3.5" 7200 RPM Internal Hard Drive x2
Samsung 860 Pro 256 GB 2.5” Solid State Drive
GPU: MSI GeForce RTX 2060 GAMING Z 6G
PSU: Corsair RM750x White (2018) 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply
Chassis: Lian Li LANCOOL II-W ATX Mid Tower Case
Monitor: Sceptre C248B-144RN 24.0" 1920 x 1080 144 Hz Curved Monitor
AIO: Corsair H100i RGB PLATINUM SE 63 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler
My orientation for my 6 fans and AIO, sorry for the dusty GPU 🥲: PC orientation
I have three fans on the front in taking air, two fans with the radiator exhausting thru the top, and one rear fan exhausting out the back.
When doing stress tests earlier yesterday on cinebench, the computer was working fine and i got my scores, but at the end of the day it started crashing and shutting off. I was playing helldivers 2 on medium and streaming a movie on discord, then the pc just shut off due to high cpu temp. I’ve reapplied thermal paste multiple times, no plastic left underneath the AIO, everything is secure, but it’s only the temperature that’s the main issue in this computer.

I would love some help.

Lutfij

Titan
Have you tried taking the front panel off the case and seeing if the temps improved? I recall Gamer's Nexus mentioning that the front panel was restrictive. Why does the bottom most fan on the front panel look like it's in reverse? i.e, the lower fan is in exhaust while the two fans above are in intake. That would mean that the two fans are recycling internal case air with that bottom fan, to an extent.

BIOS version for your motherboard?

SenpaiFx

Reputable
Jul 19, 2020
Have you tried taking the front panel off the case and seeing if the temps improved? I recall Gamer's Nexus mentioning that the front panel was restrictive. Why does the bottom most fan on the front panel look like it's in reverse? i.e, the lower fan is in exhaust while the two fans above are in intake. That would mean that the two fans are recycling internal case air with that bottom fan, to an extent.

BIOS version for your motherboard?
Ah yes i forgot that that fan was reversed, thank you, I just recently updated that BIOS to the latest which was version 5003? i believe? But currently can’t check it since my computer won’t even start since i have a BOOT post light error

SenpaiFx

Reputable
Jul 19, 2020
Still at it, Now my motherboard is giving me the POST light code of my DRAM being the issue, but the RGB from the sticks are on and nothing is showing up on my monitor.

SenpaiFx

Reputable
Jul 19, 2020
Yes, i removed the battery, swapped cpus and still no luck. I’ve been reseating the RAM back n forth but still no luck. Placed it back with the old CPU, no luck. still getting error Qcode 22

SenpaiFx

Reputable
Jul 19, 2020
I reapplied it and even bought a new AIO, no luck on posting. I’m still getting Q-code 02, I tried unplugging my GPU and connecting my displayport via motherboard but still no luck. The bios was recently updated too so i figured that would work but that just gave me the same code but now the Green and White LED are on for Boot and VGA.

SenpaiFx

Reputable
Jul 19, 2020
I managed to post it to bios and everything looked fine when i had it with 3 sticks in, however when i finally managed to put the fourth in, the boot error came back

SenpaiFx

Reputable
Jul 19, 2020
Unplugged all the sata cables on my other drives and checked my m2 ssd, reseated it, managed to post and get into my pc. will keep updated and plug in the other slots of ram