AMD Slashes Prices on Selected CPUs

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrecio

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2008
yea the price drops are great, these chips have even more value now especially the big 20$ drops on the X4 Phenoms. Meanwhile Core2Quads are still $200+ for anything with a 6mb cache or higher. Lower your prices INTEL jeez

AMW1011

Distinguished
[citation][nom]NapoleonDK[/nom]What competition?[/citation]

I think he means, what NEW competition. Since products have remained pretty constant for awhile now, I'm not sure.

nevertell

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2009
[citation][nom]mrecio[/nom]yea the price drops are great, these chips have even more value now especially the big 20$ drops on the X4 Phenoms. Meanwhile Core2Quads are still $200+ for anything with a 6mb cache or higher. Lower your prices INTEL jeez[/citation]

Yet, they are still a teeny bit better than the phenoms, and you don't have to buy a new motherboard if you already own a lga755 socket m/b with a pentium dual-core or some other core2 chip.

Travis Beane

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2010
1055T for $200, 1090T for $300. Now Athlon II x4 6640 for $108 from the egg.
I'm cringing at how much I spent on my i7 920 system when I got it over a year ago. -_-

Just did a quick little look, and configured a $320 1055T folding box. Just a 8GB flash drive to boot from (no windows license needed, use linux). No CD drive, and only 1GB RAM (8 threaded SMP uses only 100MB RAM for me). No monitor either. Cheap case with included 450watt PSU.

I love how cheap AMD systems can be.

zaixionito

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2010
The x6 is already an insane deal... They don't really need to slash it. The lower clocked X6 was on for $150 from microcenter...

mrecio

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2008
[citation][nom]nevertell[/nom]Yet, they are still a teeny bit better than the phenoms, and you don't have to buy a new motherboard if you already own a lga755 socket m/b with a pentium dual-core or some other core2 chip.[/citation]

Yes a tiny bit better but they are old old models from intel and are no longer with the price tag. I think a 40$ drop on all remaining C2Q's would be awesome. I know I want to upgrade my LGA775 but the 240 price tag on a 9505 is too much.

[citation][nom]mrecio[/nom]yea the price drops are great, these chips have even more value now especially the big 20$ drops on the X4 Phenoms. Meanwhile Core2Quads are still $200+ for anything with a 6mb cache or higher. Lower your prices INTEL jeez[/citation]

Why else do some call them "Greedtel"

Looks like things are getting better for us in the budget segment. A nice 95/65w quad/tri core that clocks better than my 8250e would be a welcomed upgrade. For what I paid for my current cpu it was hard not to buy it being dirt cheap.

G

AMD chips are a better value for the money. INTEL is waaaay overpriced for basically the same product. For years INTEL practiced anti competitive practices in the global market trying to unfairly & legally snuff AMD OUT of the market place! Do some research. I'm not an AMD fan-boy by any means. Just the facts. I run dual Intel Xeons @ 3.8 GHz stock. Built my rig in 2005, still see no need to replace it. With New Nvidia Video card runs great. If & when I build a new system it will be AMD Because they offer a super chip at a fair price. INTEL like IBM of the 90s think they are too big to conform & compete fairly. I hope they go out of business & people wake up & smell the coffee & drop them completely! They stink.

mrecio

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2008
[citation][nom]BlueBeard[/nom]AMD chips are a better value for the money. INTEL is waaaay overpriced for basically the same product. For years INTEL practiced anti competitive practices in the global market trying to unfairly & legally snuff AMD OUT of the market place! Do some research. I'm not an AMD fan-boy by any means. Just the facts. I run dual Intel Xeons @ 3.8 GHz stock. Built my rig in 1995, still see no need to replace it. With New Nvidia Video card runs great. If & when I build a new system it will be AMD Because they offer a super chip at a fair price. INTEL like IBM of the 90s think they are too big to conform & compete fairly. I hope they go out of business & people wake up & smell the coffee & drop them completely! They stink.[/citation]

I call BS, you built a 3.8 GHZ computer in 1995 and you just put a new video card in it? maybe 2005 but no i dont think any 15 year old mobo would support any video card made today. let alone 3.8 ghz xeon.

G

SORRY typo. Meaunt 2005. Heat wave here, no air conditioning. My MB is a Intel® Server Board SE7525RP2. Video card is Nvidia 9800 GTX.

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
I love it when they lower the price on the Athlon II x 4. Its always lowered to 100 bucks and the performance keeps getting better and better. the 945 is also awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.