Mar 2, 2019
Accidentally set my secondary HDD to active partition while making partitions on my new HDD. The actual boot device is Samsung Evo 256 SSD. Now windows won't boot and says " An Operating System Wasn't Found, try disconnecting any drives that don't contain an OS".

Any help is very much appreciated

[Have my work files on the new HDD so can't risk loss of files on it]

Mar 5, 2019
Accidentally set my secondary HDD to active partition while making partitions on my new HDD. The actual boot device is Samsung Evo 256 SSD. Now windows won't boot and says " An Operating System Wasn't Found, try disconnecting any drives that don't contain an OS".

Any help is very much appreciated

[Have my work files on the new HDD so can't risk loss of files on it]
Have you figured it out? If not let me know!

Mar 2, 2019
Have you figured it out? If not let me know!
Appreciate the help, but the issue is resolved. Couldn't find a way around Windows itself [boot menu and bootable Win thumb drive methods were of little help], so I switched to bootable Knoppix on a thumb drive, backed up everything on the drives and reset both SSD and HDD ; )

Currently installing Adobe and Autodesk suite apps all over again, hundred times better than losing months of work.

Mar 5, 2019
Appreciate the help, but the issue is resolved. Couldn't find a way around Windows itself [boot menu and bootable Win thumb drive methods were of little help], so I switched to bootable Knoppix on a thumb drive, backed up everything on the drives and reset both SSD and HDD ; )

Currently installing Adobe and Autodesk suite apps all over again, hundred times better than losing months of work.
Glad you figured out a way your self. I was thinking using CMD and change the active drive/primary drive etc. And yes a lot better than losing months of work 😂

TRENDING THREADS