Antec 1200 case POWER button not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

binny

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2009
Hello all, I have an Antec 1200 case but the POWER button at the front of the case doesn't work.
The RESET button works, but not the ON/OFF power button.

So when I turn it on, I have to use the onboard power button my my p6t deluxe v2 mobo.
It gets annoying having to open the case up all the time to turn it on... and I will probably be selling the computer in the near future so I need the case button fixed.

Is there an easy way to do this???

OH.. and YES, the jumpers for the button are connected properly to the mobo..

So does anyone have any information they could share with me about fixing this small but annoying problem???

I'd appreciate the help greatly!!

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
Assuming you can't get at the button and repair or re-place it (it is a VERY simple momentary-contact switch), you can use the Reset button instead. It is the same type of switch. So just take the little connector from the Reset button that plugs onto 2 pins on the mobo connector for the front panel, and move it to the pair of pins for the on/off switch. You will have a good on/off switch with the wrong label on the front, but no Reset switch.

binny

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2009
ahhh...good point about changing the reset button to the on/off...
I will get on that tomorrow. So thankyou...

Still, I'm going to have to get the original on/off button fixed. But... the workaround will work for now!
Cheers.

roofus

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2008
Antec is pretty good about having every possible replacement part even for out of warranty chassis if they are still kicking around. I need to order a couple things come to think of it lol

SeventhAngel

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2010

WOW!! DE-DUH-DE!!
Man I can not thank you enough. I have a Antec 300 with a ASUS mobo and was having the same problem. I would of never thought of switching the buttons. And I have a college diagree in IT.
You saved me a lot of down time waiting for a new case from newegg. Great post. Thank you so very much. you are doing great thing's keep up the good work. You saved my ass.. TY.

Aug 21, 2022
My desktop would not start and I replaced the power supply which didn't help. Then I realized that the problem could be the power switch. So I tried the screwdriver test and then connected the reset switch to the power switch connector but in each attempt the cpu fan turns for about 1 second then stops.

I don't know what else to try, any help greatly appreciated.

USAFRet

Titan
My desktop would not start and I replaced the power supply which didn't help. Then I realized that the problem could be the power switch. So I tried the screwdriver test and then connected the reset switch to the power switch connector but in each attempt the cpu fan turns for about 1 second then stops.

I don't know what else to try, any help greatly appreciated.
Please start a NEW thread for your particular situation.
This one is 13 years old.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.