Hi guys ! Im looking to upgrade my PC-

AMD RYZEN R5 3600
Zotac GTX 1060 3GB (Re-using my GPU)
MSI MPG B550 GAMING PLUS
16 GB DDR4 CORSAIR VENGEANCE RGB RAM
1 TB HDD 7.2k (Re-use)
1 CD/DVD R/W (Re- use)
Thermaltake v250 TG RGB

PSU : ANTEC VP 550P, it says 87% efficient on the box, has a 120mm fan ATX 12V v2.32. I have no idea what some of the info means
and I not quite sure if this is a good PSU for the new setup.

So I was wondering whether the current PSU that I have would be good enough for a few months til I get a new one?
Thanks

Solution

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
87% efficient
Doesn't really bare any relevance to the quality, it's just a representation of how power efficient the PSU is under certain loads.

120mm fan ATX 12V v2.32
That's just standard specification information. Nothing to worry about in this case.

ANTEC VP 550P
Overall, It's not a great PSU. More for low end systems, however if the plan is to upgrade in a few months then you should be fine. Your GPU is also relatively lower end so is less concern. Just make sure whatever you upgrade to is a good quality one so that you never have to worry :)

Reactions: ssamramg

ssamramg

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2013
Doesn't really bare any relevance to the quality, it's just a representation of how power efficient the PSU is under certain loads.

That's just standard specification information. Nothing to worry about in this case.

Overall, It's not a great PSU. More for low end systems, however if the plan is to upgrade in a few months then you should be fine. Your GPU is also relatively lower end so is less concern. Just make sure whatever you upgrade to is a good quality one so that you never have to worry :)

Okay ! Thank you so much :) Can you suggest a good one if I'm going to upgrade my GPU to RTX series later on.
Refer this website - www.amazon.in

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Last edited:
Reactions: ssamramg
Solution