Question Any good small cases for push pull 184mm Rad?

FoxKitsune

Honorable
Apr 25, 2015
So just curious.

I already own a Fractal Design Node 304 that I’m slightly modding the front panel to allow for direct air flow into the case for the 184mm rad I got for the front in place of the hard drive bays.

I was wondering if there are any other small cases out there that sport front or rear dual 92mm fans that I can mount the rad in (btw I have 4x92mm Noctua fans for push pull). In all honestly I bought this case like 3-4 years ago and it’s honestly just sat in my closet with the rad and fans so that’s kinda why I’m wondering if there are any other cases that I can use the rad in. The case would also need to have full size expansion slots as well.

Lutfij

Titan
Any case on the market that are concurrent will have support for120mm or 140mm fans. 92mm fans would probably be found on cases about a decade or two decades ago. To make matters worse, you're also going forward in one arena while going backwards in another. You will loose out on front panel HD audio, USB 3.0 connectivity and more so with storage options since SSD's were for the top tier folks, meaning that the case that did have 92mm fan support only catered to 3.5" drives and 5.25" ODD.

There's also the matter that the fan placements of them el cheapo cases(that have 92mm fan support) will impede your installation of the radiator.

With all that said, what are the specs to your build? Perhaps we/the community could shoehorn something...?

FoxKitsune

Honorable
Apr 25, 2015
Well to be honest Front Panel i/o isn’t a big concern as I don’t use my front Audio Ports and rarely use my front USB ports. Also storage-wise there would be no HDD in the build so and drive cages could be removed to free up space. Boot drive and media drive would both be m.2 devices with the boot drive being a 1TB Samsung 970 EVO and media drive being a 1TB WD Blue. Having a 5.25” ODD Bay would actually be kinda nice as I’m in like the 1% of people who still use one though would not be necessary.

As for the planned build it currently involves a Ryzen 7 3700X or 5800X with the GPU hopefully being a 3080 if I can win one in a NewEgg Shuffle Event. The 184mm rad would be (in the case of going forward with the Node 304 if there are no other modable options) a 140mm rear rad potentially also in Push/Pull.

The plans for this build have changed so many times over the past 3 years since I bought the case as various financial events have come and gone in my life have kept pushing it back farther and farther which honestly hasn’t been a issue as my current rig is still plenty good with a i7-6700K and GTX 1080 Ti in it.

TRENDING THREADS