[SOLVED] Any Ideas on how we can transport a PC

Sep 7, 2020
I'm Building this PC :
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/mNsZZZ

You guys have any ideas on How we can transport this PC.
I still didn't build this Rig, I'm holding it off for some reasons,
and transportation is one of those reasons...

some things to consider :
1) I'm gonna be transporting it in a Train or a car or a bus (if all of those ways of transportation are the worst case scenarios, will transporting a PC through Airplane be a good idea??)
2)And, of course yea:LOL:, I need It all in One Piece
3) I was thinking of a way like carrying the whole Pc in a suitcase....It's just a thought....

I Would love to hear your thoughts and your Ideas...
Thanks a lot guys

Solution
I would not ship it/transport it with that GPU installed. Personally would remove that and put back in it's own box. Shipping stores sell that expanding foam in the bag stuff. I would get one/some of those and use for the inside of your PC sans the GPU. Pack it all well inside one box.

As to marking fragile....Personally after having worked for both a major shipping company (or two) and working for the air freight division of one of them which I guarantee you have shipped with before:
Pack this thing WELL. Make it Samsonite Gorilla proof. DO NOT mark as fragile. That is a challenge to every ramp worker.
Make sure that you have all your receipts and insure it to the hilt.
I would use the method of shipment that is most cost...
I'm Building this PC :
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/mNsZZZ

You guys have any ideas on How we can transport this PC.
I still didn't build this Rig, I'm holding it off for some reasons,
and transportation is one of those reasons...

some things to consider :
1) I'm gonna be transporting it in a Train or a car or a bus (if all of those ways of transportation are the worst case scenarios, will transporting a PC through Airplane be a good idea??)
2)And, of course yea:LOL:, I need It all in One Piece
3) I was thinking of a way like carrying the whole Pc in a suitcase....It's just a thought....

I Would love to hear your thoughts and your Ideas...
Thanks a lot guys
Suitcase in airplane ? Have you ever seen what baggage handlers do with them ?
Since you are getting a new case too it will be packed in good box so after you assemble just put it back in it. If it isn't with you all the time get insurance and mark it extra fragile.

Reactions: Barry Cupas

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
I would not ship it/transport it with that GPU installed. Personally would remove that and put back in it's own box. Shipping stores sell that expanding foam in the bag stuff. I would get one/some of those and use for the inside of your PC sans the GPU. Pack it all well inside one box.

As to marking fragile....Personally after having worked for both a major shipping company (or two) and working for the air freight division of one of them which I guarantee you have shipped with before:
Pack this thing WELL. Make it Samsonite Gorilla proof. DO NOT mark as fragile. That is a challenge to every ramp worker.
Make sure that you have all your receipts and insure it to the hilt.
I would use the method of shipment that is most cost effective. I have not seen a significant difference in the amount of throwing, kicking, dropping, or other abuse whether it is parcel or suitcase.

Solution