[SOLVED] Any way to replace a "Fractal Design: Focus G" Side-Panel?

Koesherbacon

Prominent
Sep 13, 2019
Hello Tom's Hardware Folks. This may seem like a strange request but bear with me.

Does anyone know if it's possible to buy a replacement side panel for a "Fractal Design: Focus G" case? I'm asking because I get migraines and the lighted fans and other internal components can be a trigger.

If anyone knows if it's possible to purchase a side panel that would take the place of the clear one, I'd really like to know about it. If it is possible but only by buying a generic side panel it would be extremely helpful to know it's dimensions. Does anybody know what the side panel's dimensions - Height & Width in centimeters and/or inches? Unfortunately I'm unable to measure myself because I'm actually writing this question while in the hospital (thankfully it's not Covid).

Due to my migraines, I've already replaced the included 120mm light-up fans on the front of the case with silent ones that don't light up and added several other silent fans on the top and rear to optimize airflow. If there is a way to replace the clear side panel with another one, does anybody know of one that would fit the measurements and includes mounting options for one large 200mm fan, or one or more mounts for smaller 140mm, 120mm, 90mm, etc fans.

I suspect I may be out of luck and will have to cover up the clear side panel with film or tint like car windows have to cut down on the amount of light that escapes the case... But it doesn't hurt to ask, right?

Any info anybody can provide me would be great. I hope you're all doing better than I currently am in terms of health and that you and your families all stay safe during this pandemic. Thanks very much!

Solution
Hang-the-9: Ooh, I could flip the side panels over and they'd still line up with the thumb-screw holes? That would definitely be a good way to solve the potential problem.

Tennis2: Since it's hard to tell what can be a potential trigger for my migraines I want to eliminate any possibilities. Seeing movement through the panel like the fans could be an issue, having light-up ones would almost certainly trigger me at one time or another.

Everyone: Living with migraines and having a passionate interest in computers is a tightrope walk sometimes.

I did not mean flip the side panels, just move the computer to the other side of you, but if you can move the panels around that would work also. Remember you would have to flip them the...
I'm confused. Sounds like you've eliminated the lighted fans from your case (which are more prominent from the front anyway). Why is the clear side panel still a problem? Is it just the fan movement?

Is your case sitting on the top of your desk next to your monitor?

The side panel window is acrylic (plexi glass). What about a tinted one?!? You could apply a window tint film to the inside of the window.

Koesherbacon

Prominent
Sep 13, 2019
Hang-the-9: Ooh, I could flip the side panels over and they'd still line up with the thumb-screw holes? That would definitely be a good way to solve the potential problem.

Tennis2: Since it's hard to tell what can be a potential trigger for my migraines I want to eliminate any possibilities. Seeing movement through the panel like the fans could be an issue, having light-up ones would almost certainly trigger me at one time or another.

Everyone: Living with migraines and having a passionate interest in computers is a tightrope walk sometimes.

I did not mean flip the side panels, just move the computer to the other side of you, but if you can move the panels around that would work also. Remember you would have to flip them the other way to unless the screw holes and any clips are in the same locations and can be mirrored it won't work.

Solution