Question Anyone managed to repurpose the Windows 10 Model 1734 USB? Phison 2251-07?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shanedude02

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2013
Hello,
I was wondering if anyone had managed to get the Windows 10 install USBs from 2015/2016 to be writable.
The ones marked "Model 1734"
Previously I've had some Dell OEM USB's that I managed to reflash the firmware of using MPALL to make them writable but I've had 0 luck with the ones from Microsoft and searching, hasn't brought me any success.
If anything all I've managed to do is brick one of them completely.
Just seems a bit of a waste to have a bunch of 16gb usb's hanging about with a 2015 version of windows 10 on them.

The closest I've got to it is http://www.flashdrive-repair.com/2014/04/phison-ps2251-07-PS2307-UP307-usb-recovery-tools.html
If I use different versions of MPALL and firmware that's supposedly for the 2251-07, I get different errors.
I've seen on some of the forums it needs Pins 2&3 shorted on the IC, but opening one of these up, reveals nothing of use, it's all like, covered completely.

Just a question of if anyone has managed to re use one of these, not important, but would be nice if it was doable

Thanks

Hello,
I was wondering if anyone had managed to get the Windows 10 install USBs from 2015/2016 to be writable.
The ones marked "Model 1734"
Previously I've had some Dell OEM USB's that I managed to reflash the firmware of using MPALL to make them writable but I've had 0 luck with the ones from Microsoft and searching, hasn't brought me any success.
If anything all I've managed to do is brick one of them completely.
Just seems a bit of a waste to have a bunch of 16gb usb's hanging about with a 2015 version of windows 10 on them.

The closest I've got to it is http://www.flashdrive-repair.com/2014/04/phison-ps2251-07-PS2307-UP307-usb-recovery-tools.html
If I use different versions of MPALL and firmware that's supposedly for the 2251-07, I get different errors.
I've seen on some of the forums it needs Pins 2&3 shorted on the IC, but opening one of these up, reveals nothing of use, it's all like, covered completely.

Just a question of if anyone has managed to re use one of these, not important, but would be nice if it was doable

Thanks

There's a forum post about it on USBDev, although maybe you've already been there. (I tend not to link Russian sources as sometimes people have issues with it)

Yep, it's a bit of a crapshoot. It looks like they generally had luck with it but it depends on the specific firmware. The tool has to match precisely. That site has multiple revisions of their tools but it's still limited, you can sometimes find one that matches your firmware hosted elsewhere (e.g. there's a Chinese site that has files).

shanedude02

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2013
Yep, it's a bit of a crapshoot. It looks like they generally had luck with it but it depends on the specific firmware. The tool has to match precisely. That site has multiple revisions of their tools but it's still limited, you can sometimes find one that matches your firmware hosted elsewhere (e.g. there's a Chinese site that has files).
Yeah... I don't think it's even worth trying anymore. Was worth a shot, but oh well.

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.