Question Aorus FI32U OSD Sidekick firmware update fail

Jan 4, 2022
Hi. I'm trying to update my monitor to the latest firmware version (F06), but everytime I get a "firmware download fail" message, sometimes after 30 sec, 90 sec, or 180 sec; can't make it past that. Did anyone have a similar situtation? Any ideas how to solve it? And I can only try to upgrade it through OSD Sidekick, but everytime fails, then I have to pull out the power cord from the monitor for a few sec .to make it work again. It's currently connected via DP & USB; would HDMI make any difference regarding the update? Or changing the system language to english? Would a region make any difference? Does it matter if it's downloaded from a global site or a certain region? On Aorus' website there's only F02 version, while on the Gigabyte's website, there are both, F02 & F06.
untitled.jpg.c917d66ff373fd5cf58c7ba532769b17.jpg

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

I'd try and download the files from the region you're located in. Also, did you fire up OSD SideKick in an elevated command, i.e, Right click app>Run as Administrator? If you're on F02 at the time of writing, you should be getting on F06 but hold your horses. Why are you looking to update the firmware on your panel? The saying goes, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. To which I'd say to leave it alone.

Jan 4, 2022
I've tried something else....I've connected the display to another PC, via hdmi..it worked, took about 11mins....but , when I connected it back via displayport to my main pc....it can only run at 60hz max??! Should I revert back to F02 ?

Jan 4, 2022
Found out what the problem was.....everything apart from the mouse, keyboard & monitor had to be disconnected, mostly USB devices. But still decided to go back to earlier version, 'cause with the latest I can't get 4k with 120hz, only 60hz. Perhaps that update works better with the newer cards, but with my Radeon RX 580 it surely doesn't.