Apple's January 27 Event is "Major Product Announcement"

Status
Not open for further replies.

mman74

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2006
US$1,000 is a bit too steep. Unless this device has some major tricks up it's sleeve I probably won't buy it. But knowing Apple, they do have some Aces tucked away, so I am still interested. I will put money on this being not just a plain old tablet Mac.

ecnovaec

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2008
As much as I hate apple, they're geniuses for capitalizing on how stupid people are. What the hell are you going to do with a $1k tablet besides check your facebook at starbucks and tweet about how we should plant more trees?

HalJordan

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
Are you excited about the Apple tablet? We were a little excited at the beginning but now that CES is promising more tablets than you could shake a stick at – and for a lot less money if rumors are to be believed – we're just kind of "meh" on the subject.

"Meh" sums it up perfectly. Though, that is my response when Apple announces anything. Just avoid early adoption. Apple will release another version about 6 months after the initial launch.

perpetual98

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2007
If only Steve Jobs could figure out how to charge for hype. They were talking about the Apple tablet on Good Morning America this morning ffs.

godwhomismike

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2009
Can someone explain to me why this is something I should be excited about? Sounds like a very expensive touchscreen netbook without the keyboard.

godwhomismike

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2009
I am more excited about the upcoming 12-core Mac Pro, which btw is something I would never be able to afford. Doesn't stop me from lusting over a machine with 12 physical cores, 24 processor threads, and the possibility of 128GB of DDR3 memory. As long as there is lotto, there is always the dream.

wildwell

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2009
[citation][nom]haljordan[/nom]"Meh" sums it up perfectly. Though, that is my response when Apple announces anything. Just avoid early adoption. Apple will release another version about 6 months after the initial launch.[/citation]
Ditto.
Besides, it's way too early to judge the device when it hasn't been demoed to us and CES is about to begin.

Abrahm

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2007
[citation][nom]quantum mask[/nom]$1000? I thought it was going to be a reasonable price![/citation]
LOL. Did you miss the part that says this is an Apple product?

Anyways, the media is far more interested in the device than the average consumer, and I would bet that the majority of people that are interested would be a lot less interested if the media could pull their heads out of Apple's ass. Why isn't any other companies "secret device" covered as extensively as this? It's just an over sized, over priced ipod ffs.

thejerk

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2009
[citation][nom]ecnovaec[/nom]What the hell are you going to do with a $1k tablet besides check your facebook at starbucks and tweet about how we should plant more trees?[/citation]

Look gayer than having just a MacBook alone. :)

For the record, I'm writing this on my girlfriend's MacBook... sold to her by her gay brother... a manager at an Apple Store... running Windows 7.

back_by_demand

Splendid
BANNED
Jul 16, 2009
Is it me or does Steve Jobs remind you of PT Barnum...
Roll up, roll up!!! A sucker born every minute!!!
Honestly, the hype that is delivered to the actual products is disproportionate. If Steve Jobs were to unveil a huge shit on a plate with enough of a drum roll people would still whoop and holler before buying one and smearing it all over their fat stupid faces.

Well done for delivering a tablet precisely 9 years after Bill Gates demonstrated a tablet PC at Comdex in 2001 and 21 years after the GRiDPad in 1989.

matt87_50

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2009
[citation][nom]ecnovaec[/nom]As much as I hate apple, they're geniuses for capitalizing on how stupid people are. What the hell are you going to do with a $1k tablet besides check your facebook at starbucks and tweet about how we should plant more trees?[/citation]

do what ever you do on a laptop? use it as a universal home intergration remote? as a mountable GPS? Drawing? Ereading?

honestly I think they are going about it all wrong with a price like that. the stuff you use a tablet for (touch) doesn't require that much power! it should have been developed as a bigger ipod touch! not a full blown laptop in a tablet form.

omnimodis78

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2008
It's the iCircus! Man, what a cliched, boring nonsense. Unless apple invents something new instead of redesigning the same crap over and over again (to screw over all those sheep who bought the previous generation of [insert anything made by apple here]) then how about just taking it easy and not make it out like they have discovered the secret to eternal life!

idisarmu

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2008
[citation][nom]godwhomismike[/nom]I am more excited about the upcoming 12-core Mac Pro, which btw is something I would never be able to afford. Doesn't stop me from lusting over a machine with 12 physical cores, 24 processor threads, and the possibility of 128GB of DDR3 memory. As long as there is lotto, there is always the dream.[/citation]

You mean an overpriced computer with a dual socket 6-core nehalem setup with server ram?

No thanks, I'll pass. The GPUs in Mac Pros suck anyway.... for the money that is. I remember looking once and being able to configure QUAD HD2600XTs.... That makes about as much sense to me as buying the cards on newegg, blending/crushing them, and using the left over cash to roll a fat GPU-cigar.

nicklasd87

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]matt87_50[/nom]do what ever you do on a laptop? use it as a universal home intergration remote? as a mountable GPS? Drawing? Ereading?[/citation]

Good luck typing a paper, programming, or playing snes emulators on this thing...that's what I do on my netbook in class, don't see that happening with this Frisbee...I have gps on my phone, and in my car already, and my tv already has a remote...don't need to spend 1k on stuff I already have...Drawing and Ereading? nothing a pen and paper can't handle

radjatech

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2010
Considering what you already can do with an Iphone 3GS..and all the apps...i wonder what will be the EXTRA that this 'little' Tablet will be presenting ?

Or is it just an 'larger' Iphone ?...will be bad for Apple i think

Apple is super at Hype's, the more 'leaks' into the media the better the anticipation, we just have to wait..until the 27th ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.