Question "application has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware" GPU switch to new system, problem doesn't happen!

Sep 7, 2021
I am getting "application has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware", crashes, reboots and screen flickering on newly built work pc. But when I switched the GPU to my personal system, the problem doesn't happen!

Current setup (work):

Lian Li O11 Case
X570 Tomahawk MSI
5900x
Tuf Gaming ASUS 3080
Lian li Galahad Aio 360
Corsair LPX Vengeance 64gb 3200mhz
Corsair RM00850X PSU

Setup on testing system (personal):

gigabyte auros master x570
5950x
MSI Trio 3090 (being swapped with the 3080 to test)
Noctua NH D15
Corsair LPX Vengeance 64gb 3600mhz
Corsair RM00850X PSU

I am getting:

• "application has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware"
  • black flickering
  • Heaven benchmark doesn't finish, gets to about ranges from 7/26 to 23/26. Super inconsistent.
  • Rendering in Cinema4D (Redshift) pc crashes and reboots after about 30 seconds of rendering.

I have tried:

• reinstalling studio and game drivers
  • performing clean uninstall using DDU
  • updating bios
  • reseating gpu
  • checking all power cables
  • running system file checker scan
( I really don’t want to reinstall windows, but if it comes to it I will)
- changing the GPU to a different system and problem doesn't happen!

Since swapping to the new system I have been able to successfully complete renders, heaven benchmark and also a 30 minute furmark test.

This is super confusing as the setup is essentially the same: Cpu is 5950x and Gpu is 3090 msi trio. So surely a 3080 would sit perfectly fine in terms of power consumption.

I am thinking maybe I should reinstall windows and completely start fresh with this... What else could be causing this in my work system?

Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

Thanks a lot :)
Jaime

Sep 7, 2021
yes, reinstall windows completely, it's a windows issue

you might have changed some security stuff, or some nefarious software did it for you, no way to tell, i would nuke it, delete all partitions and start clean

How To Do A Clean Installation Of Windows 10 | Tom's Hardware
I tried that today and managed to successfully complete a heaven benchmark . However my rendering software keeps crashing within seconds.

I am starting to think this could be a power supply issue.

Sep 7, 2021
Turns out it was a combination of dodgy windows install + xmp profile enabled (stability issues) - I have yet to figure out how to fix the stability issues but right now I'm running "2133mhz rather than 3200mhz.