[SOLVED] Are Corsair LL fans okay to use on radiator?

Joe_182

Honorable
Nov 7, 2016
I have an H100i Capellix Elite front mounted that came with ML120 fans being used as intakes. (I5-12400). But I hate how you can see the diodes because the back of the fan is what is visible, and was hoping to have all of the same fans in the case anyway.

Am I able to just use all LL fans, including on the radiator? I have 3 ready to go, and was just waiting to see if it was okay to switch them out.

Thank you!

Solution
To elaborate, will they be sufficient enough to cool the CPU and pull the necessary air through the radiator?
Depends:
-on what the cpu is doing/power being used
-case design
-where the radiator is positioned in the case
-your personal fan curves
At the end of the day, AIO/CLCs are elongated air coolers with a bit more fluid in them. They are - IMO - more dependent on airflow than air coolers are; the pump could be cycling fluid at 1000/2000/3000rpm, but none of it matters, as the fans at the radiator are what's ultimately doing the cooling. Those fans are responsible for cooling the cpu and the other components in the PC - they are both case and cpu/radiator fans.

These are the white 2200RPM version.
Should be fine, as...

Joe_182

Honorable
Nov 7, 2016
What do you consider 'okay'?

The 2200rpm version are what I'd call radiator+case fans. The original is a case fan.
To elaborate, will they be sufficient enough to cool the CPU and pull the necessary air through the radiator? I know the ML's are better for this, but wasn't sure if the LL's would still be sufficient. I know static pressure and CFM are important in this scenario. The ML's definitely move a lot more air, I just installed the LL's out of curiosity. But my temps seem fine.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
To elaborate, will they be sufficient enough to cool the CPU and pull the necessary air through the radiator?
Depends:
-on what the cpu is doing/power being used
-case design
-where the radiator is positioned in the case
-your personal fan curves
At the end of the day, AIO/CLCs are elongated air coolers with a bit more fluid in them. They are - IMO - more dependent on airflow than air coolers are; the pump could be cycling fluid at 1000/2000/3000rpm, but none of it matters, as the fans at the radiator are what's ultimately doing the cooling. Those fans are responsible for cooling the cpu and the other components in the PC - they are both case and cpu/radiator fans.

Should be fine, as they aren't much different from the MLs that came with the cooler.
If they were the slower LLs, they'd become more problematic in hotter scenarios.

Reactions: Joe_182
Solution

Joe_182

Honorable
Nov 7, 2016
Should be fine, as they aren't much different from the MLs that came with the cooler.
If they were the slower LLs, they'd become more problematic in hotter scenarios.
Thanks! Build is all done at this point. Just need to run some stress tests, set fan curves and all that. Came together really well thanks to the help I got here over the past week. First experience with an AIO. So far so good. GPU barely fits, but it's in there lol On quiet settings idling at 30c CPU, 40c GPU.

Thanks again for all your help, I really appreciate it. Even after multiple builds over the years, I still find myself learning new things.
su6qO7E.jpg

Reactions: Phaaze88