Austin Urbanski

Prominent
Mar 18, 2019
I have a 2060 factory overclocked from zotac. I mostly play PUBG at the moment and i feel like my GPU is under performing considering all graphical settings are on low except for anti aliasing (high) and textures (high). I average 98 fps and see drops to 70 fps. So I decided to look at some other peoples benchmarks for PUBG and with ultra settings i was seeing a common of high 90 fps avg. I know every GPU is different but there should not be that big of a difference , should there?

Jul 17, 2019
I have a 2060 factory overclocked from zotac. I mostly play PUBG at the moment and i feel like my GPU is under performing considering all graphical settings are on low except for anti aliasing (high) and textures (high). I average 98 fps and see drops to 70 fps. So I decided to look at some other peoples benchmarks for PUBG and with ultra settings i was seeing a common of high 90 fps avg. I know every GPU is different but there should not be that big of a difference , should there?

What resolution are you playing at? What are your temperatures. Perhaps your card is thermal throttling due to lack of airflow, poor case design, etc. (unlikely). Most likely you are playing at a higher resolution (1440p) with low settings. They are most likely at 1080p with ultra settings. Try that change out, if not then there is likely another issue at hand. Let me know if that was the case!

Austin Urbanski

Prominent
Mar 18, 2019
Thanks for such a quick reply. I was playing at 1080p and my temps were between 57-67c. I did go back and do more benchmarks, so i just turned everything on ultra to see what would happen and was getting frames in the 90's i thought that was weird so i went and changed everything back to my usual settings and was getting max fps of 135 and minimum of 101 which doesn't make sense because I was getting 90 avg before and it would sometimes get up to 120. the only thing that i could think of is that the different maps i was playing on were giving me different fps. im going to do more testing but it will take sometime.

TRENDING THREADS