Are my ram modules compatible?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Jun 13, 2018
I have a Asus prime x470 pro mobo and Ryzen 7 2700x. Was curious if my ram modules that I have would support the mobo and cpu. Ram : gskill ripjaws v series : F4-2800C15S-8GVRB. ?? Now I know there is a difference in support and the QVL. Any advice ??

Jun 13, 2018

Yea I finally just got mobo out of case. Ima try w AIO first then stock am4 2700x heatsink. If all else fails at this point. Wait for trident z rgb ram to come in and that don’t work. It’s a defective mobo and get a replacement

Jun 13, 2018

Well I’ve tried both AIO and stock cooler. Still no post with bread boarding. Gpu fan constantly at %100. Which normally the gpu fan will start then stop upon boot. So neither worked

Jun 13, 2018

I even tried w ram in diff slot lol and then I tried w no ram in eithier slot and still powered with fans running at %100. It acted the same with no ram at all. Honestly it really sounds like a DOA MOBO.

Jun 13, 2018

I’ve tried all of wat ur saying and yep nothing at all and I can get a replacement through Newegg. I’m still in my 30 day warranty

Jun 13, 2018

Well I contacted Newegg and I’m getting a replacement. Hope the replacement is better than the 1st order of the board. Geez. What a headache

Jun 13, 2018
For $170 the board really ain’t that great. No debug LED’s. Completely no diagnostic troubleshooting. I watched a complete breakdown on every part on the board. VRM’s etc. overall not the greatest for the price. My B350 pc mate was better than this board and even $100 less and diagnostic LED’s. So I went and ordered a diagnostic speaker with the trident z’s ram. Newegg said if I get the replacement back and it happens again. I’ll get my money back and I’ll order a x370. I guess this happens w a brand new board that basically just hit the market for a 2nd gen Ryzen. I haven’t built a pc in like 7 years. So it’s my fault. Oh well. Life of a computer geek lol.