Jul 13, 2024
So i built new PC and wanted to ask if my idle temperatures are normal because i have a strange feeling they are a bit too high.

My case is BeQuiet Pure Base 500dx and im using arctic liquid freezer III 360 in front with fans as intake, 2 fans on top and 1 rear as exhaust, fans are on auto control. On heavy load it seems like the temperatures are ok because CPU never went above 75, same with GPU (only vram and hot spot are 80+), but im not sure about my WD Black SN850X Heatsink because its 53 on idle, when playing its 60+ and 70+ on heavy loads. Here is the image with my setup and temperatures on idle:

View: https://imgur.com/a/e0aXQxi

Hey there,

No, not really. It does depend a lot on your cooling, but the 7800x3d does run warmer than previous gen Zen 3 CPU's.

40c+seems about right for idle. Your loaded temps seem pretty decent too. Your GPU hotspot is nothing to worry about. It's actually quite reasonable.

For the SSD, again these temps are pretty much where expected. Yours is the one with the heatsink, yes? Then 70+c is to be expected. It can get hotter without the heatsink and can cause throttling.

Jul 13, 2024
Hey there,

No, not really. It does depend a lot on your cooling, but the 7800x3d does run warmer than previous gen Zen 3 CPU's.

40c+seems about right for idle. Your loaded temps seem pretty decent too. Your GPU hotspot is nothing to worry about. It's actually quite reasonable.

For the SSD, again these temps are pretty much where expected. Yours is the one with the heatsink, yes? Then 70+c is to be expected. It can get hotter without the heatsink and can cause throttling.
One more question, what about GPU Memory temp and SYS, MOS, PCH? Are they important or nothing i should worry about that much?