Question Are the Gamesir G3 or Redragon Saturn controllers good?

Mr_Furball

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2014
I bought a generic copy of xbox 360 controller to spare the original, and I thought I wouldn't be bothered by possible deadzones and quality overall. The LB and RB and YBAX are very loud, but the problem lies with the analogs for sure. Only about 40% of the way they start responding. You cannot play mgs5 when you are in the first person for lack of accuracy. Even just trying to move the camera smoothly in a third-person game is bad, because not only does the analog take a long way to start responding, it also reaches the maximum before it reaches the edge. So you have a very small functional area to try to be precise. And now the immersion is kind of ruined, I can't get it out of my mind when I try to play something.

So I was thinking about returning it and buying a Gamesir G3w or the rip off of it, which is the Redragon Saturn G807, because some people that were aware of the problem of deadzones said that this one had very little and review said that the analogs were precise, so I thought it would be better than mine. But then occurred to me: it still will have the issue of not being omnidirectional, and then I saw a video of a user from reddit comparing an original 360 controller with the gamesir g3: View: https://www.reddit.com/r/EmulationOnAndroid/comments/8kccfs/heres_a_video_of_the_deadzones_on_the_gamesir_g3/

Not only it's very limited on directions, but they have immense dead zones. The worst of it: I tested my generic xbox controller and it presented exact same sensitivity.

Xbox Copy: View: https://imgur.com/dqXwgUU

Xbox Original: View: https://imgur.com/YhHOybG

Since the redragon is a copy of the G3 and these brands normally use the same parts, I think it would be almost the same. I don't know if the people who reviewed have bad standardsor if the redragon is actually more sensitive than the false xbox. Because if you're paranoid when buying a controller like this, you may think it's very good (this xbox one is playable), but I was expecting the problem, so I feel the rough sensitivity every time. Xbox generic reviews have lower ratings (little, like, half a star less) than redragon, but xbox has a lot more sales and also, being a copy, people will always compare to the original and be more disappointed than one that is just some brand. So I don't think it means a lot, but I mention the data anyway. In the midst of assass's creed, tomb raider like titles maybe many don't notice the camera, you know? Do not notice that you have to push the analog as much as possible every time and that the character will not turn if you tilt a little. But the camera and the character get me crazy for not responding to light touches or by just moving little by little horizontally and vertically.

What do you think? Return the product, invest more money and buy one of these two? Do you have experience with them? Should I try to get used to generic xbox? Trying to reset my view of the controller and see if I can forget when I start playing. Or should I return and raise money for a PS4 or Xbox one? I, of course, have already been very partial in this decision while bashing my controller, but it goes that someone has one of the controls and says that they are actually good, right.