Are there any good free VPN software beside Hotspot Shield?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leveland

Honorable
Dec 27, 2012
I have used Hotspot Shield for 3 months now. The only thing bugs me is the connection speed is really slow, thus making me longer waiting websites to load. Are there any VPN software that is free and >100 mb allowance?

Thanks

If all you want is websites a proxy will be easier and their are many of them. You could also use tor but it greatly varies in its performance.

Mostly you are asking the wrong question you want a service provider to provide you internet access which costs money. This is why the vast majority of them have limitations or charge for the service. Someone must pay for all the internet bandwidth.

Now if all you really want is a vpn software to build your own vpn between multiple locations that you already pay for then openvpn works very well and is free

Leveland

Honorable
Dec 27, 2012

Got to try OpenVPN first. Thanks for suggestion.

PS. No, i am already pay for an internet service. Some VPN software has the limitation to browse, mostly 100 MB. Hotspot shield is unlimited, but has advertisements. I want to have unlimited limits, at least 200 MB limit.

cptmikey

Honorable
Jul 15, 2013

I'm not sure if you want software or a service. Portdefender.net offers a 1 month free trial if you are interested. If you want to build your own OpenVPN is very effective but complicated. It requires a "TAP" interface that isn't available on most Virtual Private Servers. You would probable need a dedicated server. The easiest way to go is probably IPSEC. It run's on almost anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.