[SOLVED] are these compatible with a RTX 3080?

Dec 14, 2020
Hello, I have seen that there is stock of the 3080 finally...
Does anyone know what to look at if my equipment is compatible with an rtx 3080? I built my first computer 5 years ago and I have never updated it.
more than anything I am not sure about the connectors, PCI Slots, cables etc. of the mother and the size of the tower-box. I have no idea.
I have seen that my motherboard is compatible with the graphics, and that the power is right although I think I can underclock the 3080. I also know that my CPU will slow down the GPU even if I play 4k but I think will be ok at 60PFS max.

NOX Coolbay SX USB 3.0
Asus Z97-P
Corsair CS650M 650W 80 Plus Gold
G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866 PC3-14900 16GB 2x8GB CL9
Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0Ghz Box
Samsung 850 Evo SSD Series 120GB SATA3

thank you and sorry my English

Solution
Prad_Bitt is correct, that PSU will NOT work well with that video card and your system. Minimum recommended power for a system with a 3080 is 750watt. If you can find the PSU's he suggested you should go for it. Your CS is not meant for a system with a 3080 video card. Check out this list and the forum on powersupplies for suggested replacments; and again, if you can find an RM750x or 850x and can afford it that would be the way to go.
Quick update: The new video card will work in your PCIe slot, but something to consider is whether the slot and motherboard are strong enough to support that card without sagging or breakage. And you might need to...
D
Hello, I have seen that there is stock of the 3080 finally...
Does anyone know what to look at if my equipment is compatible with an rtx 3080? I built my first computer 5 years ago and I have never updated it.
more than anything I am not sure about the connectors, PCI Slots, cables etc. of the mother and the size of the tower-box. I have no idea.
I have seen that my motherboard is compatible with the graphics, and that the power is right although I think I can underclock the 3080. I also know that my CPU will slow down the GPU even if I play 4k but I think will be ok at 60PFS max.

NOX Coolbay SX USB 3.0
Asus Z97-P
Corsair CS650M 650W 80 Plus Gold
G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866 PC3-14900 16GB 2x8GB CL9
Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0Ghz Box
Samsung 850 Evo SSD Series 120GB SATA3

thank you and sorry my English
Do not use that PSU. Upgrade to RM750x or RM850x

Reactions: Archaic59
Prad_Bitt is correct, that PSU will NOT work well with that video card and your system. Minimum recommended power for a system with a 3080 is 750watt. If you can find the PSU's he suggested you should go for it. Your CS is not meant for a system with a 3080 video card. Check out this list and the forum on powersupplies for suggested replacments; and again, if you can find an RM750x or 850x and can afford it that would be the way to go.
Quick update: The new video card will work in your PCIe slot, but something to consider is whether the slot and motherboard are strong enough to support that card without sagging or breakage. And you might need to add a case fan or two.

Last edited:
Solution