[SOLVED] Are these mounting screws rusting?

ron2456

Distinguished
Is this gpu screw rusting? GPU is around 1year old.
As per my knowledge GPU screws are Zinc coated and zinc doesn't rust. There are no leaking capacitors also my AIO is not leaking.
I live in India and the weather is humid at around 55% in summer and around 80% during Monsoon.
Any way to prevent rusting without removing the screws?

13eGVcG.jpg

These are not visible with naked eye but only visible when looked at closely.

Solution
I'm not all that surprised they wouldn't warranty that.
It's just cosmetic.
It has no bearing on the operation of the GPU.
If you leave it be it should be fine.
Even if the whole screw were to rust I think it would still probably be fine.
Sometimes...the plant that makes the GPUS might get in a load of screws that are subpar.
Yes. I am leaving it as it is. If it worsens overtime I will change the screws if I find it.
The plant that makes the GPUs probably got a batch of screws in...where the coating wasn't quite up to snuff.

...and as far as ever changing the screws...I don't think the rust will ever get bad enough where you should change the screws.

I think the actual risk of changing the screws and having something go wrong is much greater than the risk of the rust.

Reactions: ron2456

ron2456

Distinguished
Sometimes...the plant that makes the GPUS might get in a load of screws that are subpar.

The plant that makes the GPUs probably got a batch of screws in...where the coating wasn't quite up to snuff.

...and as far as ever changing the screws...I don't think the rust will ever get bad enough where you should change the screws.

I think the actual risk of changing the screws and having something go wrong is much greater than the risk of the rust.
Yes that was my thought. Maybe because of manufacturing during covid times things may have been hurried leading to this.
Yes. But I will only change the screws if it goes for worse like flaky rust, not this type of minute dots.