[SOLVED] Are these parts compatible?

Jul 2, 2020
Hi I don't know much about PSU/GPU/MB compatibility and cables and stuff so just wanted to ask: will these parts be compatible with eachother?

PSU: Cooler Master MWE 650w White +80
GPU: RX 5700XT Sapphire Nitro+
Motherboard: MSI B450-A PRO MAX ATX

It says that this gpu requires 2x8-pin power connector and the psu has 1x8-pin and one 2+2 pin.
and the motherboard requires 1x24 pin and the psu has 20+4. Will there be any problems? Thanks.

Solution
The parts are compatible. There are 8 and 4+4 pin connectors for motherboards, that are different than the 6+2 pin connectors to power GPUs and your PSU should have all necessary connections. Also, a 20+4 correct for the large motherboard power connection.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
The parts are compatible. There are 8 and 4+4 pin connectors for motherboards, that are different than the 6+2 pin connectors to power GPUs and your PSU should have all necessary connections. Also, a 20+4 correct for the large motherboard power connection.

Solution
Yes, those parts are compatible. However, it would be nice to know the specs of the rest of your system just to be sure.

One thing I will point out though... That PSU is slightly underwhelming. I mean it's good enough. But again, just enough.

I think 650w is too much for this build anyway so I would suggest to rather get a lower watt PSU, but a better one.

Here's an alternative:
https://pcpartpicker.com/product/3hkwrH/corsair-power-supply-cp9020102na

I know PSU prices are high right now, but if you're trying to save up some money, that's not where you should do it.

But again, it's enough. That PSU has all the required cables for that GPU.

Jul 2, 2020
Yes, those parts are compatible. However, it would be nice to know the specs of the rest of your system just to be sure.

One thing I will point out though... That PSU is slightly underwhelming. I mean it's good enough. But again, just enough.

I think 650w is too much for this build anyway so I would suggest to rather get a lower watt PSU, but a better one.

Here's an alternative:
https://pcpartpicker.com/product/3hkwrH/corsair-power-supply-cp9020102na

I know PSU prices are high right now, but if you're trying to save up some money, that's not where you should do it.

But again, it's enough. That PSU has all the required cables for that GPU.
Alright here is all the specs:
CPU: Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard: MSI B450-A PRO MAX
Ram: Corsair Vengeance 16gb(2x8) 3000mhz
SSD: Samsung Evo 250gb
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200rpm
Case: Corsair Carbide Series SPEC-Alpha
It seems like The PSU that you recommended is not available in my country unfortunately. And the wattage, I really don't think I will overclock anything but if I do, will 600 or 650 or lower be enough?

Alright here is all the specs:
CPU: Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard: MSI B450-A PRO MAX
Ram: Corsair Vengeance 16gb(2x8) 3000mhz
SSD: Samsung Evo 250gb
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200rpm
Case: Corsair Carbide Series SPEC-Alpha
It seems like The PSU that you recommended is not available in my country unfortunately. And the wattage, I really don't think I will overclock anything but if I do, will 600 or 650 or lower be enough?

So in this list, what do you already have, and what do you not?

With a build like that, 550w will be more than enough, even if you overclock. Just try getting a quality one. Which country do you live in?

Jul 2, 2020

With a build like that, 550w will be more than enough, even if you overclock. Just try getting a quality one. Which country do you live in?
I don't have anything, I'm currently using laptop so I will have to get all of them. The GPU's website recommends minimum 600w tho. I'm living in Turkey, sorry for the late answer.

Jul 2, 2020

Also do you see any downsides of this system? I'll buy it primarily for 1080p gaming, especially for games like RDR2, Cyberpunk etc. It will be my first time building a pc so I'm kinda afraid of compability issues since I don't have much experience.

Last edited:
Ah, I understand now. Apart from the RAM which I would recommend 3600MHz for a 3rd Gen Ryzen. And the PSU which I would suggest you swap out. The build itself looks pretty solid.

Although do not get me wrong, this system with the specs you've chosen will work fine and quite well for 1080p gaming.