[SOLVED] Are these test results enough to prove the lag is my isp's fault?

Feb 27, 2019
I ran these test all simultaneously and get the same result with both laptop/pc and wired/wireless. If I send these to my ISP will they do anything about it? I have been experiencing a lot of lag for a while and I am pretty sure its their fault.

3UKMqBO.png

Solution
We are defiantly not using all of the bandwidth because it used to work fine and now it doesn't even if only one device is connected with no downloads. Would you recommend i send this to my isp?

The test the isp would do is plug directly into modem and do a speed test. If it works then it's considered fine. You should repeat that test first. If you have a combo modem turn off wifi and unplug everything else.

open resource monitor while you test to make sure you're not using the connection for anything else. if you don't have any monitoring on your router then this is not a bad way to check. Do this with more than 1 computer/cable to rule out any of those variables if you can.

If you get the isp to come out they are going to...
Feb 27, 2019
why do all that and not just check it out on a speedtest website? did they refuse to look at it before?
Because the speed test sites dont show the ping inconstancy even though i tested it over 50 times with a speed test site. They have tested it with speed test sites and just say "looks good" when its clearly not.

assuming the second ip is theirs and unless you have multiple router it is theirs this shows a problem. As long as you get a tech with any knowledge they should investigate.

It is easier if there is packet loss rather than delay. It could be a over subscribe issue where your neighbors are using the bandwidth. They will never admit they over sold their capacity. It can be many things but only the ISP can see their equipment

The other thing you want to provide them is the utilization of your wan port. Not all routers have this. The ISP can tell also but you can't always trust them. Delays like this can be caused if you are for example downloading stuff and using all the bandwidth you purchased

Feb 27, 2019
assuming the second ip is theirs and unless you have multiple router it is theirs this shows a problem. As long as you get a tech with any knowledge they should investigate.

It is easier if there is packet loss rather than delay. It could be a over subscribe issue where your neighbors are using the bandwidth. They will never admit they over sold their capacity. It can be many things but only the ISP can see their equipment

The other thing you want to provide them is the utilization of your wan port. Not all routers have this. The ISP can tell also but you can't always trust them. Delays like this can be caused if you are for example downloading stuff and using all the bandwidth you purchased
We are defiantly not using all of the bandwidth because it used to work fine and now it doesn't even if only one device is connected with no downloads. Would you recommend i send this to my isp?

The test the isp would do is plug directly into modem and do a speed test. If it works then it's considered fine. You should repeat that test first. If you have a combo modem turn off wifi and unplug everything else.

open resource monitor while you test to make sure you're not using the connection for anything else. if you don't have any monitoring on your router then this is not a bad way to check. Do this with more than 1 computer/cable to rule out any of those variables if you can.

If you get the isp to come out they are going to do that check and if it works leave and bill you $100.

Solution