Question Artifacts in some games with 6800 XT Red Devil ?

AX12 Gaming

Commendable
Jun 20, 2021
So i got this 6800 XT Red Devil like 2 weeks ago, everything is going good with this card except for the loud coil whine but i can live with that. So today i launched Among Us (ik cringe) and there was micro stuttering with sound that happens for like 2 sec. and the screen freezes with the sound stutter. Also in another game called TETR.IO i could see like top half of screen with black background with some irregular purple pixels on it and it's like the same stuttering as in Among Us. Freeze for 2 sec, shows the artifact for 2 sec and then goes back to normal again, and then happens again like 10 sec later.

This only happened in the settings page. Is there anything i can do? I stressed occt vram for 30 min and no errors but that might be too short. Card temps are excellent, furmark stablizes at around 66c with power limit 115% 320w

Specs:
Cpu:11600k
Ram: corsair vegeance 3200mhz c18 (wont boot at xmp 3600 c18)
Mb: z590 aorus elite
Gpu: powercolor 6800xt red devil
Cooler: H100i pro xt
Psu: 1050w 80+ gold rated psu

Did you use DDU before butinstalling the Adrenalin Driver Package? It might be a stupid question but I've come across a lot of people who don't even know what DDU is.

I mean, it's possible that the card itself is defective but that's unlikely unless you did use DDU. If you did use DDU or use it and nothing changes, then you probably have a VRAM error.

All I can tell you is that I was VERY satisfied with the performance of my RX 6800 XT which means that your experience isn't typical. The RX 6800 XT is SO good in fact, that many people are already calling for it to be put in the "GPU Hall-of-Fame" (it doesn't actually exist but you get the point). It is also being called "The new GTX 1080 Ti" which is high praise indeed.

I only just bought an RX 7900 XTX because of the rumours that there would be no more high-end Radeons and also the rumours of an upcoming AI-based GPU shortage. I dismissed warnings of the last GPU shortage and vowed to never ignore them again.

While I know that 16GB of VRAM will be fine five years from now, I also know that 24GB will last for at least double that length of time.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS