Question Artifacts on boot-up

-Arke-

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2015
¡Hello everybody!

I have been suffering from artifacts whenever I boot up my PC, specially if it's been off for a "long" time. They used to come and go, like maybe I had them for one weekl, then missing for one month, then back and so on, but lately they have been sticking with me.
I know its a problem related with the monitor and they go away after some minutes once the PC is on.

The artifacts I mention are these ones (watch just 10-15 seconds of the video:
View: https://youtu.be/wvgO3zsXvSs
). I found and old thread which describes the same issue (https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/getting-strange-boot-up-artifacts.2699457/) but there are no working links to pictures or videos so I'm not sure it's the same problem. I also found an old thread on reddit which shows the same artifacts (View: https://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/comments/aj2ebi/weird_screen_artifacts_on_startup/
), though in this case the guy acceped the screen was dead, and I'm guessing this might be my case as well.

My computer is an Asus xg27vq if that's of any help and other screens work just fine. The same screen works bad with different cables so I'm guessing it must be the screen which has the issue. Question is, ¿should I open it? Never opened a screen before and I'm guessing I risk destroying it. The artifacts go away after some time and it works well as a secondary screen, but it's getting worse and worse over time. The video I recorded is from January. Right now it occupies the whole screen and also takes longer to go away.

Thanks in advance :)

(also, my hardware is as follows:
I7 8700, GTX 3070, 16Gb RAM DDR4 @4000MHZ, Asus Z-370F, EVGA G2 Supernova 750 Gold, Monitor: AsusAsus xg27vq connected trhough HDMI)

Lutfij

Titan
EVGA G2 Supernova 750 Gold
How old is the PSU in your build?

If the screen you're working with is having the same issue while on another/donor platform then the problem is your panel and not your GPU. Although on the onset, the PSU you have is slightly inadequate for your GPU. I'd be looking at a 850 or higher wattage reliably built unit for the long term. Have you tried using DDU to rid your platform of drivers and then manually reinstalling your GPU driver with the latest off of Nvidia's support site?

-Arke-

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2015
EVGA G2 Supernova 750 Gold
How old is the PSU in your build?

If the screen you're working with is having the same issue while on another/donor platform then the problem is your panel and not your GPU. Although on the onset, the PSU you have is slightly inadequate for your GPU. I'd be looking at a 850 or higher wattage reliably built unit for the long term. Have you tried using DDU to rid your platform of drivers and then manually reinstalling your GPU driver with the latest off of Nvidia's support site?

Hello!

The PSU has like 8 years but other monitors don't have this issue. Also, the problem only appears when the screen has been off for many hours or days. I doubt it has anything to do with the PSU.