Question Artifacts when idle in browser

VirusWar

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2014
Hello! Hope you're all well.

I've got a weird issue. I'm experiencing artifacts when using a browser. I'm primarily using Opera, but I tried with other browsers (Chrome and Edge), and the same thing happens.
I've made an image of a representation how it looks, its either bigger or smaller and a bit different, but it more or less looks like that when it happens.

What I've noticed:
This has been going for quite some time, months, sometimes a bit more frequent, sometimes less.
It does not happen while doing stuff on the PC, only while in a browser.
It does not happen while playing games, never even once. I tried stress testing my PC with various tools, it acts normally.
It might be Chromium (since all browsers I tried are some sort of it), I will try Firefox browser to see how it behaves.
I've got no other issues, it just flickers for a split of a second, and goes away.
My GPU very rarely went over 65C, since I don't really play something that pushes my PC to the max, so it's usually more around 55C when under load. Idle is 30-35C.
I played Cyberpunk 2077 some time ago, that was the most demanding game in recent times, and then it was around 70C, iirc.

At the end, it doesn't really bother me, since it's been doing this for a long time and it works well in games, but I'm wondering what could be the issue and if someone had a similar situation.
Everything is up to date, but I don't think its a version problem, cause as I said it's happening for a while now.
Anyone got something to say to this? It's weird af....

Ryzen 5 5500
16GB RAM DDR4 3200
RTX 2060 6GB
ms5lP8P.png

VirusWar

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2014
So... I've came across an issue about what you've said.
My MOBO is Biostar B450MH and its rocking a firmware from 05.05.2022. Woo~!
There are only 2 new patches till today but the problem lies ahead. When I open the BIOS update utility by using F12 while booting, my keyboard doesn't work. Caps lock and num luck work fine, so the system did not hang or something, but the keyboard doesn't work. In the BIOS itself and every other option (boot menu), all works fine, but in the BIOS update it just wont work. Tried another keyboard that I've got laying around and still the same.
I don't have a ps/2 keyboard to try it, Ill ask around if someone can borrow me one.

What I wonder is:
There is a software for the BIOS update from windows itself on the MOBO page, but for some BIOS versions it says (Use F12 Key to update BIOS), and for others there is not. For example for the latest one it doesn't say, so considering there are other BIOS versions that say so, it means I can use the update software from OS, for the latest one? I can skip all versions of the BIOS and just update to the latest one, that is ok?

VirusWar

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2014
I found a possible fix?
I first tried disabling hardware acceleration some time ago, forgot to mention it in the post up there, but that didn't do much, but now I found someone that also did the same and it didn't help but he changed a flag, I quote:
"Another possible solution is to change a setting.
chrome://flags/#use-angle = OpenGL or D3D9"

I changed it to D3D9 and I'll post an update after a while.
People from a year ago say its a bug and still exists. Nice.