Question Artifacts with a Gigabyte 3060 ?

Dec 28, 2022
Hello, I have been trying to play on my new setup that I have built, but I keep getting artifacts on certain games. I have seen this with Valorant, Call of Duty, It takes two, and Apex Legends.

It's not on every game though, games that work just fine with no graphical issues are league of legends, GTA, and Rust.

I've tried reseating the GPU, I've tried doing an update of my drivers as well as a clean install of them and nothing has worked, hoping for some more insight before I get it repaired. Video of it happening

th3reaperskullpt

Prominent
Dec 27, 2022
This doesn't look like artifacts to me but texture errors.

I say this what it looks like when using HDD in games like RD2

- What disk are you using have you checked its health?
Just to get this out of the way.

Edit:
I had to research it seems that there are people with the same type of problem that happens during the video and it seems that it is more a VRM problem than artifacts, send guarantee

Last edited:
Dec 28, 2022
This doesn't look like artifacts to me but texture errors.

I say this what it looks like when using HDD in games like RD2

- What disk are you using have you checked its health?
Just to get this out of the way.

Edit:
I had to research it seems that there are people with the same type of problem that happens during the video and it seems that it is more a VRM problem than artifacts, send guarantee

I'm pretty new to all this computer building so pardon my ignorance. How do I check my drives health, I have it on a WD-Black SN770 SSD and there is other games on the same drive not having the issue. I have tickets open with gigabyte and Nvidia, My plan was to get it RMA'd or send it back but was seeing if anyone had any ideas before I did so.

My buddy has the same GPU and hasn't had the problems so we have been scratching our heads.

th3reaperskullpt

Prominent
Dec 27, 2022
I'm pretty new to all this computer building so pardon my ignorance. How do I check my drives health, I have it on a WD-Black SN770 SSD and there is other games on the same drive not having the issue. I have tickets open with gigabyte and Nvidia, My plan was to get it RMA'd or send it back but was seeing if anyone had any ideas before I did so.

My buddy has the same GPU and hasn't had the problems so we have been scratching our heads.

It uses this program that shows all the information and in a detailed way if there is any problem in the disk and life.

th3reaperskullpt

Prominent
Dec 27, 2022

It may have the same graphics but not yours, yours is a different unit from his and may come with a factory defect it is preferable to send it for RMA

Tac 25

Estimable
Jul 25, 2021
Hello, I have been trying to play on my new setup that I have built, but I keep getting artifacts on certain games. I have seen this with Valorant, Call of Duty, It takes two, and Apex Legends.

It's not on every game though, games that work just fine with no graphical issues are league of legends, GTA, and Rust.

I've tried reseating the GPU, I've tried doing an update of my drivers as well as a clean install of them and nothing has worked, hoping for some more insight before I get it repaired. Video of it happening

what cable are you using to connect to the monitor? Have you tried using an HDMI cable?

Dec 28, 2022
Since making this post I have been talking with Nvidia support, they have had me run DeBug mode on the control center, do another fresh install of drivers, rolled back to a old version of drivers, and had me tweak settings in the control panel to make sure I was using the 3060 and not another graphics (like integrated I'd assume) and none of those have worked either.

Tac 25

Estimable
Jul 25, 2021
the reason I asked if you've tried HDMI is because one of my Nvidia cards had artifacting problem before, and it was solved simply by using HDMI.

what cable are you using? Are you using some kind of adapter?

Dec 28, 2022
the reason I asked if you've tried HDMI is because one of my Nvidia cards had artifacting problem before, and it was solved simply by using HDMI.

what cable are you using? Are you using some kind of adapter?

Using a standard display port that came with my monitors. No adapter of any kind plugged directly into my GPU. I'll give an HDMI a shot and see if it makes a difference.

banishable I strongly encourage you to return the GPU to the retailer from which you purchased it. Hopefully you bought it from a company with a no-hassle return policy (e.g. Amazon, NewEgg, Best Buy, etc). Don't waste time troubleshooting this problem and risk surpassing the return window for this graphics card. But if you have already passed the return window, then RMA the GPU to GIgabyte; unfortunately they don't have phone support. Again, definitely attempt to return the GPU to the retailer first, but if that's no longer an option, then create an account and submit a RMA with Gigabyte immediately. There is probably something wrong with your card that you'll unlikely be able to fix with software. I've personally owned and purchased a few dozen gpus in the past five years and I've never seen visual glitches quite like that. Please don't hesitate to take action.

Dec 28, 2022
banishable I strongly encourage you to return the GPU to the retailer from which you purchased it. Hopefully you bought it from a company with a no-hassle return policy (e.g. Amazon, NewEgg, Best Buy, etc). Don't waste time troubleshooting this problem and risk surpassing the return window for this graphics card. But if you have already passed the return window, then RMA the GPU to GIgabyte; unfortunately they don't have phone support. Again, definitely attempt to return the GPU to the retailer first, but if that's no longer an option, then create an account and submit a RMA with Gigabyte immediately. There is probably something wrong with your card that you'll unlikely be able to fix with software. I've personally owned and purchased a few dozen gpus in the past five years and I've never seen visual glitches quite like that. Please don't hesitate to take action.

I have actually already started a return on amazon for it, and ordered a new one to see if that fixes my issue. Just waiting to get the new card and seeing if anything people suggest fix the issues I have been seeing.

Reactions: rcald2000