[SOLVED] Asrock Creator X570 board Secure Boot

Oct 7, 2021
Greetings,

As many others have seen the Windows 11 requirements, I am trying to set up my secure boot on my Asrock Creator X570 board with a Ryzen AMD CPU.

On the board itself I have an m.2 drive in the slot and then my backup (mostly games) drive is an older Samsung SSD.

When I am in the BIOS; it sees both Drives and allows me to pick boot order. M.2 is where my OS resides.

Now, when I goto Secure Boot it only shows the SSD drive. I cannot seem to switch to the M.2.

How do I select the m.2 in Secure Boot instead of the SSD?

I've already tried unplugging the SSD. At that time it shows no eligible drives for Secure Boot.

Cheers

Solution
Thanks for the reply.

This particular solution seems confusing as why would the current BIOS see an SSD drive with no OS and not the m.2 with an OS?
it seems you need to reinstall windows on the m.2 drive on Launch CSM disabled, just make sure everythings UEFI and legacy/csm option is disabled. and clean install windows on the m.2 drive.

Just make sure bios is on the latest, load optimized, disable csm options, amd ftpm is enabled on cpu, save and exit, go to secure boot and enable it, change from standard to custom and install the keys. then you could clean install windows 11 after doing those things on bios.

And that is giving a ton of people a PC that no longer works.

Again stop what your doing and stick with W10.
Greetings,

As many others have seen the Windows 11 requirements, I am trying to set up my secure boot on my Asrock Creator X570 board with a Ryzen AMD CPU.

On the board itself I have an m.2 drive in the slot and then my backup (mostly games) drive is an older Samsung SSD.

When I am in the BIOS; it sees both Drives and allows me to pick boot order. M.2 is where my OS resides.

Now, when I goto Secure Boot it only shows the SSD drive. I cannot seem to switch to the M.2.

I've already tried unplugging the SSD. At that time it shows no eligible drives for Secure Boot.

Cheers
it seems you need to reinstall windows on the m.2 drive on Launch CSM disabled, just make sure everythings UEFI and legacy/csm option is disabled. and clean install windows on the m.2 drive.

Just make sure bios is on the latest, load optimized, disable csm options, amd ftpm is enabled on cpu, save and exit, go to secure boot and enable it, change from standard to custom and install the keys. then you could clean install windows 11 after doing those things on bios.

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
Greetings,

Cheers
I would recommend stop what your doing and keep using W10!

Their been a ton of post here where people are trying to get ready for W11 and their PC will not boot anymore.

Reactions: Azrek
Oct 7, 2021

Thanks for the reply.

This particular solution seems confusing as why would the current BIOS see an SSD drive with no OS and not the m.2 with an OS?

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
Thanks for the reply.

And that is giving a ton of people a PC that no longer works.

Again stop what your doing and stick with W10.

Reactions: Azrek
Solution