[SOLVED] Asrock x370 gaming x bios problem/bricked

Apr 19, 2021
Hi there,
I'm new here and don't know how should I ask for help. My apologies .
I was updating bios to 5.90 form 5.20 and while updating I faced load shedding issue and pc turned off (73% done).
After that turned power on and nothing shows on monitor (it's not posting anything on monitor). I got random code on led which is located on motherboard. Led shows me few random code changing and F2 then F9 and it shows forever.

May be my motherboard bricked.

PC Specs:
Ryzen 7 1700
Asrock Fatal1ty X370 Gaming X
G.skill flarex 3200 Mhz 8GB
Corsair MP510 250 GB
Asus ROG Strix RX580 OC 8GB

my question is :
  1. How can I restore bios?
  2. what is the model of bios chip? where is the bios chip situated? (my friend said if I know the model he can flash the chip)
  3. can I flash the chip using "BIOS_PH" header? if so which device/cable/programmer need to use. Also what is the correct pin diagram of "BIOS_PH" header. ( my friend told me to ask)

Current situation:
For the COVID-19 pandemic we are in lockdown situation. every service center is close now. and the the lockdown period is not mention yet.
I'm a full time freelancer and I need to fix the motherboard asap. I can't effort new one now.

Please help me to fix this problem.
Thanks in advance

Solution
I'm thinking you fell victim to the notes. For Pinnacle, Raven, Bristol or Summit Ridge cpus, the last version you should have updated to is 5.50. Anything newer than that (5.60-6.00) is for Matisse cpus. It's a little confusing, and ASRock didn't make it easy.

Unfortunately, there's no reversal for a bricked bios. We'll, that's to say no easily reversal that most could accomplish. You'd need a eeprom programmer tool on which you could load a bios, and which will forcibly (by direct contact) rewrite/overwrite the bios chipset rom.

Assuming that's what your friend can do.

There's from the looks of things 2x bios chips (right of the battery (look like black 8 legged bugs), so my guess would be, since nowhere anywhere I can find...
Hi there,
I'm new here and don't know how should I ask for help. My apologies .
I was updating bios to 5.90 form 5.20 and while updating I faced load shedding issue and pc turned off (73% done).
After that turned power on and nothing shows on monitor (it's not posting anything on monitor). I got random code on led which is located on motherboard. Led shows me few random code changing and F2 then F9 and it shows forever.

May be my motherboard bricked.

PC Specs:
Ryzen 7 1700
Asrock Fatal1ty X370 Gaming X
G.skill flarex 3200 Mhz 8GB
Corsair MP510 250 GB
Asus ROG Strix RX580 OC 8GB

my question is :
  1. How can I restore bios?
  2. what is the model of bios chip? where is the bios chip situated? (my friend said if I know the model he can flash the chip)
  3. can I flash the chip using "BIOS_PH" header? if so which device/cable/programmer need to use. Also what is the correct pin diagram of "BIOS_PH" header. ( my friend told me to ask)

Current situation:
For the COVID-19 pandemic we are in lockdown situation. every service center is close now. and the the lockdown period is not mention yet.
I'm a full time freelancer and I need to fix the motherboard asap. I can't effort new one now.

Please help me to fix this problem.
Thanks in advance
I mean you can look on offer up or some place like that for a cheap replacement. But as for fixing your current one, that would be some what of an effort. You can probably do won't argue that. But a the same time, not always do able. If it's still I'm it's warranty time period you can always send it in as a RMA. But they "don't generally accept things for a RMA if it's your fault. Even though this " isn't your fault" in their eyes you fault should have a battery back up in case outlet shorted the way it did

Apr 19, 2021
I mean you can look on offer up or some place like that for a cheap replacement. But as for fixing your current one, that would be some what of an effort. You can probably do won't argue that. But a the same time, not always do able. If it's still I'm it's warranty time period you can always send it in as a RMA. But they "don't generally accept things for a RMA if it's your fault. Even though this " isn't your fault" in their eyes you fault should have a battery back up in case outlet shorted the way it did
Thanks for your reply. warranty period is over. Can't go service point because of lockdown by government.

Thanks for your reply. warranty period is over. Can't go service point because of lockdown by government.
That's why I was saying your best bet right now would be to go on offer up or Craigslist somewhere like that see if you can get a cheap board there somewhere. Bricked bios's are almost impossible to recover without knowledge on what to do you may actually brick it fully if not already.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
I'm thinking you fell victim to the notes. For Pinnacle, Raven, Bristol or Summit Ridge cpus, the last version you should have updated to is 5.50. Anything newer than that (5.60-6.00) is for Matisse cpus. It's a little confusing, and ASRock didn't make it easy.

Unfortunately, there's no reversal for a bricked bios. We'll, that's to say no easily reversal that most could accomplish. You'd need a eeprom programmer tool on which you could load a bios, and which will forcibly (by direct contact) rewrite/overwrite the bios chipset rom.

There's from the looks of things 2x bios chips (right of the battery (look like black 8 legged bugs), so my guess would be, since nowhere anywhere I can find mention of dual bios, that your board uses both of those chips simultaneously, taking a (back then) standard 64Mb and doubling it up to allow a 128Mb Bios chipset. I can't find any actual info, nor blow up a picture large enough and clear enough to see what's written on the chips.

Reactions: white.a.drew
Solution

There's from the looks of things 2x bios chips (right of the battery (look like black 8 legged bugs), so my guess would be, since nowhere anywhere I can find mention of dual bios, that your board uses both of those chips simultaneously, taking a (back then) standard 64Mb and doubling it up to allow a 128Mb Bios chipset. I can't find any actual info, nor blow up a picture large enough and clear enough to see what's written on the chips.
Yeah again only thing I can really suggest here is eBay offer up Craigslist something other then attempting this. Nota noob thing to do and can back fire dramatically. I can't in good faith recommended or suggest how to do this, with put feeling like part of the out come lays on me for attempting to explain what to do here.