ASRock z77 extreme4 - No Video

pointfiveoh

Honorable
Oct 11, 2012
I just put together a new computer. It ran for a few days using an older ATI card. When my EVGA GTX 560 ti returned from an RMA, I quickly plugged it into the mobo. After that, no more video. I switched back to the ATI card and I continued to have no video. The computer boots fine and plays the windows start sound. I can type in my password and hear Windows open. I can even run a program that had a shortcut on my desktop solely because I can remember where it was to double-click it. This is terribly frustrating.

I started with the video card installed. I tried taking it out and putting it back. I tried moving it to another slot. I tried multiple cards that I know work. Nothing. I tried just using the onboard graphics. I tried using DVI, VGA, VGA with DVI adapter. I tried all inputs. I tried clearing CMOS using the i/o port button. The power cables are all firmly in place. I do not understand why the new card made the video completely stop working. The computer boots fine in about 5 seconds (love those SSDs) but I can't see anything. Any help is super appreciated.

-ASRock Z77 Extreme4 MB

-i5-3570K 3.4ghz CPU

-EVGA GTX 560 ti GPU

-Vertx 4 OCZ 120gb sdd

-Corsair 850w PSU

robnof

Honorable
Oct 9, 2012
did you remove the ati drivers before installing your 560ti? Try using the integrated intel graphics, and if it works, uninstall the ati software. Then use a program like driver sweeper to completely remove the registry files for ati.