[SOLVED] Asus Chromebook Flip C434: Plugging anything into USB port kills wifi connection?

antonyabney

Reputable
Sep 12, 2016
Hello! I am having a problem with my relatively new Asus Chromebook Flip C434. I bought it only about 4 months ago and it has been working fine for the most part. I have not dropped it or damaged it with water in any way.

The only problem I am having is that when I plug anything (USB mouse, keyboard, flash-drive, external hard-drive, 4-way usb dongle to plug all of that in at the same time (haha)) into the single USB type A slot on the laptop, it immediately kills the wifi connection on the laptop. It's like there is a wifi on/off button on the inside of the USB slot or something. I have plugged all of these things into other laptops and a desktop and they do not kill the internet in any of those other devices.

I tried to google the issue but found nothing. I feel that it is either a hardware issue (simply a defective USB slot), in which case I will have to look into the device warranty and try to get a replacement, or possibly a software issue (drivers?), in which case I could possibly download drivers or something to fix the issue.

Has anyone had a similar issue or knows of a fix in any way?

Thank you in advance!