Question Asus G73sw Lights Flashing , No Boot, Black Screen PLEASE HELP!

Nov 22, 2020
My ASUS ROG G73sw gaming laptop won't boot.

All the leds flash on for 3 seconds and then go off for 3 seconds and the fans flicker when I push the power button, repeating a couple times. No display comes on at all.

It won't turn on at all when I use just the power cord.

I tried connecting to an external monitor but it did the same thing.

The battery shows it is charged.

My system:
i7 2760qm 2.4 GHz
DDR3 1600 4x4 GB
GeForce 460m 1.5 GB
500 GB Seagate HDD

Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks, Eli

Tfo052

Reputable
Dec 23, 2016
Hello, The first thing you could try to fix this is remove the battery, unplug the charger and hold the power button for 30 seconds to 1 minute as this can sometimes fix issues like this.

If this does not work, you could try removing the 2 ram sticks in the bottom of the laptop because it appears your laptop has 4 sticks in total and try to turn it on with just the power cord plugged in. Also you could try it with the HDD removed as well.

If the laptop does not turn on at all after these with the battery out, try removing the battery and holding down the power button but then put the battery back in as some (not many) laptops need the battery installed to run.

If after all this the laptop does not start up, you could try removing and swapping the ram around from the top ram slots if you are comfortable taking apart the laptop.