Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 15, 2018
Starting last week, my Asus laptop running Windows 10 suddenly began encountering a problem where leaving it idle for 10 to 15 minutes will cause it to freeze, the clock doesn't go up, the mouse won't move, I can't put it to sleep, the only choice it to hold the power button until it shuts down, I have set it to not turn off the display or go to sleep, which I thought would fix the problem, but before the day was over, it was back at it. Anyone know what it could be?

Nov 15, 2018

I have since tried two disk checks and an sfc scan, but neither detected any issues, and I am still encountering the problems, I suppose I'll try more of the solutions in the link you posted.

Nov 15, 2018
Surprisingly enough, I actually managed to find a solution, I had completely given up on figuring this out, until earlier today, I was messing around in the power settings, as I couldn't remember where to change the battery saver mode, once I was in power settings, I clicked on the advanced power settings, and it brought me to a menu where I saw the most inane thing imaginable, as it turns out, my laptop was set to shut down the hard drive after being idle ten minutes (twenty when plugged in), I kid you not, it's a setting in the power options, to straight up, with no fanfare, shut down the entire system, so I simply set it to never shut down in either case, save the settings, and tested by leaving the computer completely untouched for an hour, and behold, it worked! Before it would always be plugged in, and my estimate was that it would take fifteen to twenty minutes to freeze, and indeed, it was set to do it after twenty minutes, so if anyone else has a similar, I would suggest checking these settings. I honestly feel like a dope for not figuring this out sooner.

Feb 23, 2019
I got here because of the same problem. Man, this Asus computer has the weirdest power settings. I don't think shutting down a hard drive is a good idea. This caused a Blue screen of death.
I got so worried.
Thanks to this thread, I won't worry anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.