zetpin

Reputable
Feb 3, 2019
Hi, I recently aquired a computer with an i9 12900K and DDR5 RAM 5600Mhz , i havent had any problem in the computer itself, I can play , I can watch videos / movies , use photoshop and other programs that are really consuming like blender and i had no problem , everything is going fast , No crashes or anything. BUT , when i go into the bios and i change ANYTHING (except the ram) the pc wont boot at all and get stuck at random Error Qcodes i've seen theses : 55, 4C , 99 , 98 , 71, 53. Or sometimes get stuck in a loop of Qcodes, generaly going trought every Qcode , from 00 to the last one imaginable , and it can go like this for ours , and the only fix i found was Clearing CMOS , even changing led settings from AUTO to S4 + S5 to be able to sleep at night, bricked the whole computer and put QCODE ERROR 99, and Windows 11 was booting on RECOVERY MODE and couldnt do anything as when i was pressing a button the computer restarted and changed QCODE from 99 to 98...

I've tried checking DRAM speed hasn't changed a little thing , My temps are fine , from 28C to 60C while gaming , GPU temps are fine from 35C to 70C while gaming , framerate is stable on every game and really high , windows has no ERROR in even viewer , haven't got any bluescreen at all...

My Specs :
i9 12900k STOCK SPEED
RTX 3080 Gigabyte OC gaming
DDR5 G.Skill 5600Mhz (D.clocked at 5400Mhz or else system wont boot) 2x16GB
Asus rog maximus z690 Hero at latest update
2x4TO hdd
1x500GO NVME
Asus thor 1200W platinum
Cooling : Corsair H150I LCD 240ML

Thx for the help

Last edited:
Solution
Hahahaha u messed up with the xmp ? I am laughing because i went thru the same thing. Z690 have problem with xmp's. It is not stable. What i did is i changed the DRAM value. Now my pc is super smooth. Mine z690 is Ddr4 version. I am not sure if this can help on Ddr5 version.

zetpin

Reputable
Feb 3, 2019
You did not stated in details what the "anything" , you did changed ?
When i say ANYTHING , is litteraly ANYTHING in the bios , like if I change Led setting i have to clear CMOS , i change any voltage clear cmos , if i change Intel boost , clear cmos, i just press save and exit the bios will have to be cleared event though i might have not changed anything, but i never happens if i do not enter the bios , in my bios Right now the only thing changed is the RAM frequency with the XMP every other thing is at STOCK speed or factory state

Feb 1, 2022
Hahahaha u messed up with the xmp ? I am laughing because i went thru the same thing. Z690 have problem with xmp's. It is not stable. What i did is i changed the DRAM value. Now my pc is super smooth. Mine z690 is Ddr4 version. I am not sure if this can help on Ddr5 version.

Solution

zetpin

Reputable
Feb 3, 2019
Tell me i can try if needed

zetpin

Reputable
Feb 3, 2019
i disabled XMP ram is at 4800MHZ , i could enable intel Boost , Pc just booted , no problem with that

Feb 1, 2022
Before u change the Dram value, first set xmp to auto. Then only you can change the Dram value manually. Theres no pull down menu, u must enter the value manually , The value of the Dram voltage is 1.4v ....
Come back and tell if this helped. If theres still a problem means your RAM maybe damaged (fried).

zetpin

Reputable
Feb 3, 2019
Before u change the Dram value, first set xmp to auto. Then only you can change the Dram value manually. Theres no pull down menu, u must enter the value manually , The value of the Dram voltage is 1.4v ....
Come back and tell if this helped. If theres still a problem means your RAM maybe damaged (fried).
On my model , i cant find the XMP , so i just put the Dram Frequency to AUTO and it got down to 4800Mhz, i could make the switches i wanted in my computer and it booted succesfully , so now i am asking myself should i try using My ram at full speed or just let it at 4800Mhz ??? Cause now im scared of having to clear Cmos again

Feb 1, 2022
As long as it is running smooth let it be. Dont change anything. On my case the same thing happened. The RAM clock is lower than the value of maximum clock. I dont give a damn. I can play forza while screaming and having so much fun with it. One more thing, RAM clock wont affect fps nor process speed much. Come back tell me whats your takes about this.

zetpin

Reputable
Feb 3, 2019
As long as it is running smooth let it be. Dont change anything. On my case the same thing happened. The RAM clock is lower than the value of maximum clock. I dont give a damn. I can play forza while screaming and having so much fun with it. One more thing, RAM clock wont affect fps nor process speed much. Come back tell me whats your takes about this.
Thank you very much i dont think there is gonna be another problem , if in that case i'll notify you tomorrow or so , you saved me a lot of money ,thank you!

TRENDING THREADS