Asus Tuff B350 decent for overclocking?

Radioactive Gamer

Reputable
Feb 11, 2016
I have heard VRM's on B350s are not that great. However, the way this motherboard is advertised it is designed for OC. What do you think? I can OC to 3.8 Ghz, but I do not want to damage my board if I have cheap VRMs. I have the R5 1600 paired with 8gb ddr4 DOCP enabled 3000Mhz. Corsair CX 500 PSU. Asus Strix 1060 6gb.

Solution
Well it's certainly not a large VRM, looks like 4+2. An asrock taichi X370 board for example has a 16+4 phase VRM, which would likely stay much cooler and is capable of delivering a lot more likely better regulated power than a B350 board with a 4+2.

That said as far as B350 boards go that one is pretty good and will surly handle a decent overclock. However it wont stay as cool as some of the larger VRMs on X370 boards which could possibly affect longevity and stability if pushed too far. I would think about adding a fan that blows air directly onto the VRM of the mobo if you are serious about overclocking on it.

Dunlop0078

Titan
Ambassador
Well it's certainly not a large VRM, looks like 4+2. An asrock taichi X370 board for example has a 16+4 phase VRM, which would likely stay much cooler and is capable of delivering a lot more likely better regulated power than a B350 board with a 4+2.

That said as far as B350 boards go that one is pretty good and will surly handle a decent overclock. However it wont stay as cool as some of the larger VRMs on X370 boards which could possibly affect longevity and stability if pushed too far. I would think about adding a fan that blows air directly onto the VRM of the mobo if you are serious about overclocking on it.

Solution