Question Laptop has lights but it doesn't turn on ?

HyperVenom

Commendable
Jun 25, 2022
Hello all,

Laptop model: ASUS X320L

Two days ago, I received a box from France. My step-dad gave me his old ASUS laptop. My mom told me he accidentally spilled espresso on it, and it no longer powered on. It was given to me to use as a donor or sell for parts, but I decided to have a go at fixing it.

On the same day, I did a deep cleaning of the motherboard and left it overnight to dry. Yesterday morning, the motherboard was completely dry, so I decided to power it on, and it worked at first. The BIOS was acting funny after it had been on for several hours. I decided to grab a spare SSD, and it installed Windows just fine. I was able to use it for until the evening.

An hour ago, I decided to reassemble the laptop, and when I tried to turn it on, it just lit up with no fans running, and the light immediately went off. I also tried removing the battery, but it was still the same. The only difference was that instead of a white light, I got an orange light. I tried it with my known good RAM with the same results.

Please note that I also Googled it, but I didn't find any relevant results. I'm not too concerned since I have another working laptop. It's just a bummer because I was hoping the laptop would work again so I could use it for Linux.

Update: Now it is having weird issue, when I try to power it on the white light stays, fan doesn't spin either. Sometimes when I press the power button the white light just flashes.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS