[SOLVED] ASUS X570-Plus, DEBUG LED's/Board not turning on

Jul 24, 2020
Happy Friday Everyone!

I'm helping my friend build his PC and would like confirmation that returning the motherboard is the way to go.

I have just the motherboard connected to a known working PSU, the 24pin cable is in (I've also tested it with the CPU 8-pin in and out). I have absolutely nothing else connected to the system, so just the PSU and the board itself.

When I power on the PSU (so this excludes messing with the actual power switch on the board) the integrated lighting on the board works perfectly, it goes through the colour spectrum. However, when trying to turn on the board itself, nothing seems to work.

I originally tried with the CPU + fan as well as a stick of RAM, no spinning fans. What's more worrying now is that even without the CPU/RAM/everything removed, the DEBUG led's still do not show any indicators. I've tried to power the board by shorting with a flathead, and with two actual power switches (the two pin headers).

Thank you for any help or comments!!

Solution
I have the same board.

I understand the LED's aren't lighting up.

If the cpu is still out look carefully for bent pins.

The cpu must be installed and the heat sink fan must be connected to the cpu fan header.
The gpu must be installed.
The ram must be installed A2 B2. The Asus ram slots are a PIA, easy not to get a stick seated properly. Been through this myself.

The 8 pin must be installed but the 4 in shouldn't be required. I've always had both plugged in but using a 3800x at stock.
Jul 24, 2020
List your specs please.

You must have cpu, ram and gpu installed if the cpu does not have on board graphics.
AMD Ryzen 3300x
AMD RX 580
T-Force VulcanZ DDR4

I don't think it is the parts, I had the compatibility checked on pcpartpicker. This is even before any POST issues as the motherboard does not seem to even turn on.

I have the same board.

I understand the LED's aren't lighting up.

If the cpu is still out look carefully for bent pins.

The cpu must be installed and the heat sink fan must be connected to the cpu fan header.
The gpu must be installed.
The ram must be installed A2 B2. The Asus ram slots are a PIA, easy not to get a stick seated properly. Been through this myself.

The 8 pin must be installed but the 4 in shouldn't be required. I've always had both plugged in but using a 3800x at stock.

Solution

dimtodim

Reputable
Happy Friday Everyone!

I'm helping my friend build his PC and would like confirmation that returning the motherboard is the way to go.

I have just the motherboard connected to a known working PSU, the 24pin cable is in (I've also tested it with the CPU 8-pin in and out). I have absolutely nothing else connected to the system, so just the PSU and the board itself.

When I power on the PSU (so this excludes messing with the actual power switch on the board) the integrated lighting on the board works perfectly, it goes through the colour spectrum. However, when trying to turn on the board itself, nothing seems to work.

I originally tried with the CPU + fan as well as a stick of RAM, no spinning fans. What's more worrying now is that even without the CPU/RAM/everything removed, the DEBUG led's still do not show any indicators. I've tried to power the board by shorting with a flathead, and with two actual power switches (the two pin headers).

Thank you for any help or comments!!
i have same motherboard be sure to plug for cpu 8 + 4 pin that is recommendation..

TRENDING THREADS