ATI & MMC 8.5 Cannot initialize TV

SJ

Distinguished
May 6, 2004

Select TV for the first time, you get the initialisation programme and
all is well until you hit the section where you have to select either
antenna or cable and I assume from the drop down box you have to
select a region or country - I say suspect, because mine doesn't have
anything in it, therefore the "next" box remains greyed out and you
can go no further.

9800 Radeon all in wonder pro, XP pro, 3.0Ghz Intel

Tried upgrading to MMC 9.0 initialization will run, but crashes the
machine with a serious error (the computers definition not mine)

I have tried th ATI site till I am fed up and it seems no help at
all.

All the best

SJ

"SJ" <steve@sjweller.freeserve.co-dot-uk.no-spam.invalid> wrote in message
> Select TV for the first time, you get the initialisation programme and
> all is well until you hit the section where you have to select either
> antenna or cable and I assume from the drop down box you have to
> select a region or country - I say suspect, because mine doesn't have
> anything in it, therefore the "next" box remains greyed out and you
> can go no further.
>
> 9800 Radeon all in wonder pro, XP pro, 3.0Ghz Intel
>
> Tried upgrading to MMC 9.0 initialization will run, but crashes the
> machine with a serious error (the computers definition not mine)
>
> I have tried th ATI site till I am fed up and it seems no help at
> all.
>
> All the best
>
> SJ

If you have a PAL setup, older versions of DX9 can cause tuner problems. 9c
fixed this 9b not sure.

HTH

In article <4149d806$1_2@alt.athenanews.com>, SJ says...
> Select TV for the first time, you get the initialisation programme and
> all is well until you hit the section where you have to select either
> antenna or cable and I assume from the drop down box you have to
> select a region or country - I say suspect, because mine doesn't have
> anything in it, therefore the "next" box remains greyed out and you
> can go no further.
>
> 9800 Radeon all in wonder pro, XP pro, 3.0Ghz Intel
>
> Tried upgrading to MMC 9.0 initialization will run, but crashes the
> machine with a serious error (the computers definition not mine)
>
> I have tried th ATI site till I am fed up and it seems no help at
> all.

You need the hotfix downloadable from Microsoft.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q825116

--
Conor

Opinions personal, facts suspect.

SJ

Distinguished
May 6, 2004

Have struggled with this lack of drop down list for ages, took the
time last night to upgrade windows XP with Service pack 2 and lo and
behold, problem with initialisation sorted.

Thanks for the help

will undoubtedly be back now I have found the forum

Best Regards

SJ

T Shadow wrote:

> "SJ" <steve@sjweller.freeserve.co-dot-uk.no-spam.invalid> wrote in
> message news:4149d806$1_2@alt.athenanews.com...
>> Select TV for the first time, you get the initialisation programme
>> and all is well until you hit the section where you have to select
>> either antenna or cable and I assume from the drop down box you have
>> select a region or country - I say suspect, because mine doesn't have
>> anything in it, therefore the "next" box remains greyed out and you
>> can go no further.
>>
>> 9800 Radeon all in wonder pro, XP pro, 3.0Ghz Intel
>>
>> Tried upgrading to MMC 9.0 initialization will run, but crashes the
>> machine with a serious error (the computers definition not mine)
>>
>> I have tried th ATI site till I am fed up and it seems no help at
>> all.
>>
>> All the best
>>
>> SJ
>>
> If you have a PAL setup, older versions of DX9 can cause tuner
> problems. 9c fixed this 9b not sure.

9 was okay, 9b broke it, I *think* 9c fixed it, but I'm no longer on MMC8.5
so I'm not sure. At the time of 9b there were various fixes posted ot the
forums at www.rage3d.com
--

/mel/