[SOLVED] Attempting to update the bios for a new ryzen cpu

Aug 10, 2021
Recently I got a ryzen 7 3800X cpu to upgrade from my ryzen 5 1400. My motherboard is a A320M Mircro ATX, https://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/A320M/index.asp#BIOS , and I needed to update my bios for my new processor to work with my motherboard.

I need to get the 5.30 bios version but in order to do that I need the 3.20 bridge bios. After I flashed the 3.20 Bride bios I updated my AMD all in 1 VGA Driver as required on the website and then attempted to flash the new 5.30 bios onto my motherboard the same way I flashed the original 3.20 bridge bios. It said "no image file detected".

I flashed the 5.30 bios the same way I flashed the original 3.20 bridge bios (my USB drive is FAT32 and was in a USB 2.0 slot directly connected to my motherboard at the back of my pc) and got the error.

Any ideas on what I can do to fix this error?

Solution
That usually comes down to one of the following:

The BIOS ROM file wasn't properly named on the USB drive

The BIOS ROM file wasn't extracted from the distribution archive
or
The BIOS ROM file was corrupted during archive creation, download or extraction. Or maybe even when they loaded it to the server for downloading.

Double check what you've done for the first two. Contact Asrock tech support for the last one; maybe they'll send you a known-good ROM file.

or
The BIOS ROM file was corrupted during archive creation, download or extraction. Or maybe even when they loaded it to the server for downloading.

Double check what you've done for the first two. Contact Asrock tech support for the last one; maybe they'll send you a known-good ROM file.

Last edited:
Solution
Aug 10, 2021

or

How do I know what the proper name should be for the ROM file on my USB drive?

How do I know what the proper name should be for the ROM file on my USB drive?
It should be given in the manual's bios updating instructions. It's usually the suffix that matters: it might be .ROM or .BIN or something entirely different. It might be the same as it is packed in the distribution archive. The manual should spell it out. Also check for FAQ's or info files on the board's support web page.